Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How long have you been belly dancing for and how often do you practice?

Hi, I have been belly dancing for 4.5 months, I'm just a beginner! I attend a beginners class once a week and have been practicing at home to Neena and Veena 3 times a week since last week. The dance is so beautiful in everyway, and I would love to reach the advanced level and take part in some performances.

How long have you been belly dancing for and how often do you practice?

Amethist
    Last edited by Amethist; 01-21-2008 at 07:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been dancing for almost 2.5 years now and it varies how often I practice. Sometimes quite a lot, and sometimes I only dance once a week (like now )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I've been dancing for almost 2.5 years now and it varies how often I practice. Sometimes quite a lot, and sometimes I only dance once a week (like now )
    In my first term I did not practice at home at all even though the teacher told us to Now I am more motivated, but I can see how it varies, if I don't do it first thing in the morning before work, it's a lot less likely I will practice in the evening.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually practice in the evening when I practice. I practiced a lot 2 years ago when my heating system didn't work and dancing was the only way to stay warm, lol! Didn't practice at all during the summer of 2006 because it was so hot.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Amethist, I've been dancing for 6 years now and boy when I look back on it, I've packed a whole lot of dancing into those years! I practice about 4 times a week and this includes preparation for the classes I teach. When I'm not actively practicing dance(this may include zill drills, balancing, musical interpretation etc),I'm also exercising to support and maintain the stamina, flexibility and strength that the dance requires.
    Good question!
    Yasmine

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Yasmine,

How long do you practice for each time? (I'm a curious learner, so all these questions, hehe).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I usually practice in the evening when I practice. I practiced a lot 2 years ago when my heating system didn't work and dancing was the only way to stay warm, lol! Didn't practice at all during the summer of 2006 because it was so hot.
    Lol, a sure way to keep warm in winter...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yasmine Bint Al Nubia View Post
    Hi Amethist, I've been dancing for 6 years now and boy when I look back on it, I've packed a whole lot of dancing into those years! I practice about 4 times a week and this includes preparation for the classes I teach. When I'm not actively practicing dance(this may include zill drills, balancing, musical interpretation etc),I'm also exercising to support and maintain the stamina, flexibility and strength that the dance requires.
    Good question!
    Yasmine
    Hi Yasmine,

How long do you practice for each time? (I'm a curious learner, so all these questions, hehe).

Post Thanks / Like

Default How long

Dear Gang,
    On July 1st, I will celebrate my 34th year as a dancer. I took my first class on July 1st, 1974 and changed the course of my life.
    I usually practice 5 days a week, in the morning, because by the time night rolls around, I am far too lazy to dance. In general, though I work on costumes or on knitting in front of the television after dinner, unless it's Monday or Thursday. Then I go and teach my classes. I also wake up early on Sunday mornings and teach, usually a private class at 9 AM, a weekly Sunday class at 10 AM and we are usually in rehearsals from 11:15 until usually at least 1 PM.
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

I started a couple of years after A'isha. "Back in the days", I practiced several hours a day. Now I may manage three or four hours a week during teaching sessions.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast