short belly dancer

Aisha Azar

Arabs, etc.

oooh, I always thought you had really lived in Egypt and Saudi Arabia :confused:

Dear Moon,
Usually when I tell something about how life is over there, it is because my friends are happy to share their experiences with me, and then I pass them on to others when the opportunity arises. Some people on this forum would call that heresay, or not documentable evidence, but in reality, I report what the people tell me about their lives, their feelings, their ideas about how they live in comparison about how we live, and I also witness the every day compatibilities and differences among us all on a daily basis. I think this gives me some insight to occasionally give a personal opinion, but most of what I say is from the mouths of the people. Because I am with Arabs most of the time, I get to be in the position to report on some interesting things that the visitor to an Arab country might not witness. I am not a guest any longer, but a member of the group, so everyone is far past their party manners!!
Regards,
A'isha

Reen.Blom

Ladies, I am with you I am 158 cm and geez I thought I was short! YAY I see now that there are even tinier woman here!

WHen I was growing up I got terribly teased for being short and looking younger than I am! Now after 25 I do appreciate both...LOL I got to enjoy being a shortie like buyng clothes in kids departmet? LOL

White Dont we start Petite Club...LOL

Reen.Blom

Ladies, would you please maybe keep this thread for the shorties and the inter-racial relationships discussion could go to Racism thread? It is just a bit disturbing to read all that hatered stuff.... I know myself what it feels like to be disregarded and looked down upon by other nation, but after all hatred just brings us to the same level as those that opress us? Hatred is never an answer...

Farasha Hanem

*slaps forehead* :doh: Boy, do I feel like a ditz. :rolleyes: Thank you, Yshka! *hugs*

I am of average height for a female. 5'4" I have not been judged, although when I used to date a man before I was married YEARS ago, he teased me that I was short. Not in a mean way. I have heard that men who are taller statistically get better jobs. I am not certain if this is a myth or not. I do not know if it affects your ability to get an audition or not. Are you talking about belly dancing or acting? I would not think it would matter much.

Bellydancing. I have a documentary called "American Bellydancer," which follows the formation of the BDSS. *dodges tomatoes!* :lol: When Miles Copeland was auditioning for the BDSS and the Desert Roses, he was more concerned about how the troupe would look than he was about how talented the dancers would be. While speaking before his "people," he posed the question about what if most of the girls were like 5ft. 6 inches tall, and a girl who was only 5' 3" turned out to be fantastic. He told them "It would look funny." I suppose how a group looks onstage is a concern, but it seemed like perhaps he put a little too much emphasis on it. Why not put the shorties in front of the taller girls? Isn't that what most stage mangers would do? :think:

Farasha Hanem

Ladies, would you please maybe keep this thread for the shorties and the inter-racial relationships discussion could go to Racism thread? It is just a bit disturbing to read all that hatered stuff.... I know myself what it feels like to be disregarded and looked down upon by other nation, but after all hatred just brings us to the same level as those that opress us? Hatred is never an answer...

Y-yeah. I read the following posts after answering KuteNurse's question, and quite frankly, I am appalled. :( I agree with Reen; if some of us feel the need to discuss racism, let's please move that discussion to its proper thread.