short belly dancer

egyptian girl

hi salome
i mean if i go,but i may not go bcz i dont like arabs
i know that many or even all of u think that we(egyptions) are arabs
but we are nooooooot

Last edited:

Yshka

Hi! You are right, being short is actually quite nice sometimes. And thanks dear!

Dear Farasha, you can just copy the name from here and enlarge the words in a text editor, like Word or such :).

gisela

Super Moderator
Dear Farasha,
I made a .jpeg out of the name so you can zoom in if you want to see better. Hope it works and still looks correct. Would love to be able to write in arabic.

Mya

hi salome
i mean if i go,but i may not go bcz i dont like arabs
i know that many or even all of u think that we(egyptions) are arabs
but we are nooooooot

Lovely girl, i don't mean to be rude or anything, but don't let your impressions of arabs you may have met in the past, or experiences you've had in the past influence your approach to all arabs! it's a bit unfair don't you think? give all people a chance and perhaps one day you will meet an arab that you get along with quite well!

and keep dancing! i'm short too - about the same height as Farasha and i don't have any problems executing moves.

Mya

Farasha Hanem

Thank you, ladies!

Hi! You are right, being short is actually quite nice sometimes. And thanks dear!

Dear Farasha, you can just copy the name from here and enlarge the words in a text editor, like Word or such :).

*slaps forehead* :doh: Boy, do I feel like a ditz. :rolleyes: Thank you, Yshka! *hugs*

gisela; said:
Dear Farasha,
I made a .jpeg out of the name so you can zoom in if you want to see better. Hope it works and still looks correct. Would love to be able to write in arabic.[QUOTE/]

Thanks, gisela! *hugs* So would I. :)

Dear sweet egyptian girl,

I agree with Mya; it's always best to give eveyone a chance, and give each person the benefit of the doubt before making blanket generalizations. I'm sorry, too, if you've had bad experiences in the past. My late grandmother, who was the wisest, kindest woman I've known,always told me that there are good and bad people from all races and countries. Everyone should be allowed to stand on their own merit. Who knows? Maybe your future best friend might turn out to be Arab! :D Take care. :) *hugs*

Okay, getting back on topic. Has anyone here been judged by others, or treated differently because of being short? :think: Has it affected anyone's ability to land an audition, etc.? Just wondering.

*looks at post* I need to learn how to do multiple quotes. Ya think someone who sells computers and whatnot for a living could use the silly things... >_<;;;

Last edited:

KuteNurse

*slaps forehead* :doh: Boy, do I feel like a ditz. :rolleyes: Thank you, Yshka! *hugs*

gisela; said:
Dear Farasha,
I made a .jpeg out of the name so you can zoom in if you want to see better. Hope it works and still looks correct. Would love to be able to write in arabic.[QUOTE/]

Thanks, gisela! *hugs* So would I. :)

Dear sweet egyptian girl,

I agree with Mya; it's always best to give eveyone a chance, and give each person the benefit of the doubt before making blanket generalizations. I'm sorry, too, if you've had bad experiences in the past. My late grandmother, who was the wisest, kindest woman I've known,always told me that there are good and bad people from all races and countries. Everyone should be allowed to stand on their own merit. Who knows? Maybe your future best friend might turn out to be Arab! :D Take care. :) *hugs*

Okay, getting back on topic. Has anyone here been judged by others, or treated differently because of being short? :think: Has it affected anyone's ability to land an audition, etc.? Just wondering.

*looks at post* I need to learn how to do multiple quotes. Ya think someone who sells computers and whatnot for a living could use the silly things... >_<;;;

I am of average height for a female. 5'4" I have not been judged, although when I used to date a man before I was married YEARS ago, he teased me that I was short. Not in a mean way. I have heard that men who are taller statistically get better jobs. I am not certain if this is a myth or not. I do not know if it affects your ability to get an audition or not. Are you talking about belly dancing or acting? I would not think it would matter much.

egyptian girl

hi kute nurse
many of girls here said that they are shory and thay work and dance well
also they talked about sohair zaki and she's short and when she grew up she became fat also but still amazing
some people may see u short(like ur x-man) others may not see u like that at all
u know
when some one feel that there something bad with his shape ,he keep thinking that every on looking at it and observing it
but the truth that he only imagins that
dont matter alot to this thing
u know ,i short that every1 criticize me but i never be sad i just lught(really laugh not acting) and may make joks of my self hahahah
it's ok
my question was(if being short can hinder from making some movements)
but being short means like u r a teenager even if u r 60
it'll make us look and feel younger
goooood day

egyptian girl

hi aisha
yes i know she's egyptian like me
i mean by arabs here people in gulf
they are real original arabs
but we egyptians just speak arabic and live near gulf
suppose that we speak french or spanish and it be or language,will we be spanish or french people???

Aisha Azar

Arabs

hi aisha
yes i know she's egyptian like me
i mean by arabs here people in gulf
they are real original arabs
but we egyptians just speak arabic and live near gulf
suppose that we speak french or spanish and it be or language,will we be spanish or french people???

My point was to say that such prejudice is very hurtful and foolish. I feel very bad for my best friend, who is Saudi, that you feel this way about Arabs. She is a lovely woman.
I believe that Gypsy is half Syrian, perhaps. Do you also have prejudice against them? To say, "I do not like Arabs" is like when I hear people say bad things about Egyptians, like they are stupid or dirty, or do not speak Arabic very well. I tell them the same thing I am telling you now. It is hurtful and racist to say that you do not like an entire group of people. You have insulted my best friend.

Last edited:

egyptian girl

i've my reasons to hate them
believe me last year i didn't have such feeling
and i did not see it at all in my country,but i saw many of them on the internet and any1 in my place will say more
i saw some people who are very jealous till death from egyptions
u may ask y they be jealous of u
u may know that arabs have no culture or history or scince or art except camels and tents
before they find oil egypt used 2 send food and medecine....etc to them for free
then (less than 100 years back) when english people found oil in hulf and saudi they were completely ignorant(and still)
so,egypt send them teacher,doctor,engineers,.....,.........,........ .
and they built thier deserts and turned it 2 places suitable for humans 2live in.
but then,now they are sooooooooooooo ungrateful
they think that finding some money made them humans
they forgot that this money didnt come by thier efforts or cleverness and forgot that without other people(and mainly egyptions)withy would atill live in tents and know no thing
u may know that no arab country have cinema or art or scientists but my country have
thank god that many of famous names in the worls r egyptions
alot of doctors and surgants
and here among us(who speak arabic)egypt is called the big sisters of arab,we've every thing they do not have
u may do not understand what i say bcz u donot live with us
but every1 including envious arabs are sure that we are thier masters
and they feel like ungrateful servant who had awealth and turned to his noble master who is sick and weak to say(look im better than you) it's exactly the same feeling
all actors and actresses in arabic are mainly egyptions(and some from lebanon and syria),we make movies ,songs and tv programs,,they watch and be entertained>>>>>>>>>>>>then say that egyption women are whores bcz they act and appear in cinema(so thankful)
we teach them at schools and heal them in hospitals then they say u didnt do any thing 2 us
even in policy
egypt always try 2 solve the problem of arabs
----------------
last
egyptians thank god not stupid at all
in unisco they say that ***^EGYPTIAN ^***children of the most intelligent children in the world
concerning (dirty) egyptian women and housewives pay great attention to the clean of thier homes ,clothe and everything
_______
also as u dont live here in the middle east u may not know that it's very comment that egyptions r brilliant
while others specially in gulf are very very stupid
and they are called (not in egypt only) sheep,camels,......

Last edited:

Moon

A'isha has lived in the Middle East for quite some time.
I'm starting to think you've never been outside Egypt, though.

egyptian girl

also i forgot 2 tell u
that they look 2 artistis specially dancers as cheep women
and they exported this look to us here,but origionally dont have such narrow opinions

egyptian girl

yes moon
but i saw enough on the internet.
also living in aplace for some time is not like being native and speak the language of the people
i mean she just lived sometime ,but when u r agust in aplace u'll see the best face of the people
u know,when they see awoman like fifi abdo,they like to kiss her feet,but when they leave,imahine what they say about her

Aisha Azar

Arabs

A'isha has lived in the Middle East for quite some time.
I'm starting to think you've never been outside Egypt, though.

Dear Moon,
Actually, I have not lived in the Middle East, but I have lived with Arabs, including Egyptians, just about every day for the last 25years or so. they are my friends and my family.
Regards,
A'isha