Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I'll look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Love Egyptian style, so yes, more posts!!

Aziyade,

Tarik has also posted this clip (loved it!) in a separate thread, which led to a discussion about Shabi. I don't know how to make links to another thread but this, at least, is the name of it:
    Check Out This Clip It Rocks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MirahAmmal View Post
    That's a great video clip! It's fun to see Dina just looking so joyous and dancing more the more casual style (she's still fabulous though). Hmm may have to post this to the discussion about her costumes/dancing--no skimpy costumes hereand she looks great.
    Hi Azi: Yes Shabbi is social dancing, but its from the working class neighborhoods, so its looked down upon as being lowclass by the Upper calsses, but like all "lowclass" music, it has a way of getting around and you find it everywhere! It really is reflective of the true Egyptian spirit and character.

Mirah, you're so right Dina looks so lovely here. I never used to be a fan of hers but she's begining to grow on me the more I learn about her.

By the way, I see you're from Minneapolis. Do you know an Algerian percussionist named Toufik Ammi? He sometimes works with Cassandra. He's a good friend of mine and he moved to MN a few years ago. He says he's so much happier there than he was in NY. He makes me want to come check it out!

Good dancing
    Tarik

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tarik,
    I've invited Ahmed Fekry to teach Sha'abi at the studio next year.....it will be interesting!

I'm looking forward to having class with Randa Kamel at Josephine Wises Fantasia Festival in december - it will be a first with her.

Otherwise my favourite egyptian dancers are - of course "the golden classics": Suheir Zaki, Mona Saiid, Fifi, Nagua but also I loved the way Nadia Hamdi danced. Dina seems to have the market at the moment but hopefully the egyptian scene will be able to introduce someone new soon??
    The lebanese dancers are also worth a mention
    Nadia Gamal (absolutely amazing,bless her soul) & now Amani is a respected and top dancer & teacher....I could spend hours, days, YEARS watching her videos Anyone else????

Happy dancing,
    Sara Abou Farhat

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely threat!
    I am a student of Egyptian style belly dance, this is my second year now.
    We have a new teacher and it is nice to have different teachers as every teacher has so much to give for the students.
    Or at least I feel so

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234