Egyptian style dancers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aisha Azar

Egyptian

Dear Jalil and Aya,
I have been studying Egyptian style belly dance for 32 years now. I can never get enough!! I think Randa Kemal is one of the best of the new dancers. I love Suhair Zaki, Mouna Said adn Asa Sherif, too!!
Regards,
A'isha

Leyla

Even if I'm only a (not so good) student I love Egyptian style too!
I think that Suheir Zaki is one of my favourite (or perhaps my favourite) dancers !

Aisha Azar

Egyptian etc.

Dear Leyla,
Sohair Zaki has been my main dance inspiration for 25 years!! She is the consumate dancer, with total ability to interpret music to the fullest degree. When a person really watches her dance,especially as she got older, her dancing became so intricate and so perfect that it was amazing that one person could get so much out of a piece of musi!!
Regards,
A'isha

Michelle

The only dvds that I've seen recently of her performances is "Sohair Zaki: Sweet Star of Cairo" and one of those VCD thingies. I cannot vouch for their quality but I do know where they are available for purchase:

https://www.hollywoodmusiccenter.com/productDetails.php?1=1&userId=aC6zR3sR3uW2yM8b&productId=914&language=english&

On Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BELLY-DANCE-DVD-SOHEIR-ZAKI-SWEET-STAR-OF-CAIRO_W0QQitemZ6438435521QQihZ011QQcategoryZ617QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-2-Parts-VCD-DVD-ORIENTAL-BELLY-DANCE-SOHIR-ZAKI_W0QQitemZ6430892050QQihZ011QQcategoryZ617QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem(VCD)

If anybody orders any of these, please let us know how they turn out!

Outi

I wrote about the DVD about a year ago in this forum, so let me repeat myself.

Something like this:" I love Sohair Zaki. This DVD is worst of her I ever seen in any videos. She doesn't do any of her nice juicy stuff. Instead she dances quite bad in here."

I didn't buy the video. I'm still waiting good DVD from her. If anybody knows let me know. I would buy it in a heart beat.

Aisha Azar

Good Sohair DVD

Dear Outi,
Momo Kadous has a video of her from a dance festivel in Germany. I think the year is 1990. Her dancing is the very best in this video. It also has a bunch of other dancers on it, including Momo, Ibrahim Farah, the German Badawia, Sharazade and more. Some of the dancing is really good and some not so good, but Sohair Zaki and her band are excellent!!
Regards,
A'isha

Taletha

I second that on Randa Kamel and Suher Zaki. Those are two of my favorites!
What I like about Egyptian style:
The relaxed way in which it is done.
That there is no need for tons of extra stuff!

Michelle

Dear Outi,
Momo Kadous has a video of her from a dance festivel in Germany. I think the year is 1990. Her dancing is the very best in this video. It also has a bunch of other dancers on it, including Momo, Ibrahim Farah, the German Badawia, Sharazade and more. Some of the dancing is really good and some not so good, but Sohair Zaki and her band are excellent!!
Regards,
A'isha

I would buy this in a heartbeat (and of course, if I am not broke), do you know if this is available for purchase?

yasmilah

Dear Michelle,
I just found his website, and the video is for sale in the Bazar section:

Neue Seite 1

Dear A'isha,
Thank you for the tip on this video- it sounds great!!!

Last edited:

Aisha Azar

Suheir, etc.

Dear Yasmilah,
You are welcome. I think he has it only in the European system.
If Momo is still is making it, there is also a music cassete of the Suheir performance, with her band. The music is exquisite and several pieces on it have been my favorites to dance to for about the last 7 years or so. The pieces just stir my soul and I constantly find new things to explore in them.
Regards,
A'isha

Michelle

Goody-goody!

BTW, thanks Outi for giving us a heads up on that one... glad I decided not to buy it without a recommendation first!

EEEK! Did you say European format only, Aisha? Aw man.

Ludmilla

Hi all - this is really off topic but I couldn't help but want to share this video clip w/ you all -- (U Tube just has more vid clips than you could ever watch!!!!!!!!!! anyway -- Off topic -- COuldn't there be a thread line for Video/DVD subjects?

Enjoy -- too cute -- Future Fifis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0lKRMLhTrI&NR

cheers, Ludy

Outi

The problem is I don't do anything with vidoes. I need only DVD's, and there is still very few of them in the market. Specially good quality ones with egyptian dancers.

Status
Not open for further replies.