Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin my first ever public performance! oO;

Oooookaaaaayyyy...I hope I can figure out how to put up the link. I'm sorry my phone camera only has 14 seconds of streaming video, but I don't have a camcorder. Anyways!

I've only been taking classes for 4 months now, and I realize I still have a lot to learn, like, don't buy a new bellydance bra and perform in it for your "outing!" The straps kept slipping, as you'll see in the video. Newbie bellydancer excitement---gotta love it. I guess here's another one for the "wardrobe malfunctions" thread!

Hey, A'isha, got any spare "boob glue?"

I'll get better; I promise!

MySpaceTV Videos: my first public performance! by saiyanangel777/"Farasha Hanem"

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Farasha! I wish I had a video of my first public presentation, just like you Id had only about 4 months of classes when I danced at the school festival on 2006.

Keep up the great dancing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you! Congratulations! I also have a video of my first performance (3 months of 3 classes a week, and so much practice at home, I felt like I was dancing non stop - even when sleeping!)

Raq On!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I *DON'T* have a video of my first performance!

First Belly Dance Performance!

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin thank you for your support

Thank you so much, Ecuabellydancer, and Mosaic; your encouragement means so much to me. I was really scared, because I really don't feel like I'm a credit to the art I love so much, but dancing makes me very happy. I had never intended to perform in public when I first started out, but niow, I've been bitten by the Bellydance Bug!

I didn't intend to dance in the new bra and belt set that I'd bought that day, but I wanted to try it on before I bought it. There was no dressing room (!), so I had to dress in the tent that had been set up. For extra privacy, I threw my veil over my head before trying on the bra (like it would have done any good, being made of sheer chiffon, ). I got the bra on, then as I was putting on the belt, I happened to turn around, and a man was in the tent, I guess looking for his wife! I was so freaked, but he said, "Don't mind me, go on ahead and finish getting ready," or something like that. The whole thing freaked me out so bad, I just decided not to put my other costume top back on. Hence, I ended up dancing in an "untested" bra!

Gotta curb that enthusiasm for trying on new clothes...

Oh! Hi there, Zorba! *is now very red for blabbing on about bras...*

Awww, Zorba! *hugs you* I just came back from your link; thank you for helping me to feel not so bad about my first time.
    Last edited by Farasha Hanem; 01-28-2008 at 04:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Farasha. Good on you! First performances are like babies taking the first steps in life. They are wobbly but very special. Cherish your first show.Cherish your first costume and first everything!!! This is the beginning. You will take off from here. It gets better and better.
    Hugs
    Janaki

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Farasha !!! Alf mabrouk !!!
    Happy start and entering this wonderfull world of dancing

bravo from Greece

Maria Aya

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farasha Hanem View Post
    Oh! Hi there, Zorba! *is now very red for blabbing on about bras...*

Awww, Zorba! *hugs you* I just came back from your link; thank you for helping me to feel not so bad about my first time.
    Don't worry about the bras - they're a fact of Belly Dance life. I've learned more about bra problems and bra construction than I ever dreamed possible in this business. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about them!

Congrats again on your first - I *love* seeing the reaction of "chickadees" (new dancers) after they get off stage - they're so excited that they actually DID IT after all the pre-performance jitters. "That was TERRIFYING, when can we do it again?!". It never fails to remind me of when *I* was a chickadee - fond memories.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    I'm glad I *DON'T* have a video of my first performance!

First Belly Dance Performance!
    Yes, I'm not so fortunate...I have one of my first....so I can forever (or at least till the DVD will not play) relive the moment when my skirt got flipped up and can see myself quickly knocking it down...lovely...

Anyway congrats Farasha.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Farasha,
    that was lovely! Van harte gefeliciteerd (congratulations) from the Netherlands and happy performing! How did it feel? Do you already feel like performing again?
    Don't worry about the dressing thing. At least you already had the bra on. A tent sounds nice though lol, you'll probably find out someday why. I've had to change in the most unbearable places (oi, memory of small tent with no floor situated on wet grass....).

Quote Originally Posted by sstacy123
    so I can forever relive the moment when my skirt got flipped up and can see myself quickly knocking it down...lovely...
    Hey now, don't underestimate the power of authentic skirt flipping and knocking.. pure raqs sharqi you know!

On my first performance I almost fell through one of the holes in the stage (wasn't exactly a stage, was more like wooden things on legs put together to form a not-too-high platform, but the wooden things kept slipping further apart...). We had a part where we were on one knee doing pretty arm movements, I always tripped on the skirt when getting up and was UNABLE to kick it up a bit nicely..
    But I'll never forget it, like Janaki said, I still own what I wore that day (black skirt that now can wrap twice around my body lol, black top and beautiful hipscarf my teacher gave me). And I still remember the compliments and the feelings after. I just don't like the song anymore. We did a Turkish themed thing to Sertab's "Every way that I can"... AAGH lol, but special!

Bravo and here's to many more! It can only go up from here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast