Dancing dreams?????

I havent been dancing for several weeks now,, due to some hardships in my life,, i just havent had the time or energy iguess,,, well i was riding the train last week and i felt these urges,, it felt like my arms wanted to dance ,,, it felt like logic, if that makes any sense and i havent totally lost it lol.... like the right thing to do was to dance,, it just felt like it made sense.... then it came into my dream,, just that perfect feeling of dancing,,, i don remember the dream,, i just know i was somehow dancing... im starting to think dancing is even deeper than i imagined b4,, its really ingrained into me now and my soul and body craves it when i dont do it..... anyone get this or have this experience? This got me thinking deeper like wondering whether there is some innate logic in dance and its not simply creativity are artistic....something that just exists like mathematics which is purely logical,,,, i hope this makes some kind of sense lol.......

Last edited:

Maria_Aya

Yep it make !!!! you are one of us lol
The living/sleeping dancing zobies !!!
You are lucky you had a nice dream, i usualy have nightmares with Reda ordering me to spin for 10 times lol

Kisses
Maria Aya :)

adiemus

The strangest thing, because I had a dream I was dancing last night too---and trying to persuade my partner to come and see me, and telling him I wasn't wearing a bedlah, but had a beledi dress on, so he didn't need to be all protective and jealous and all!!!

Yshka

I think there is, too. Though I had no such experience last night. I dreamt of the Mona Said style workshop I took yesterday.....:cool:

When I don't dance I feel the same way too though, that's why usually I take no longer than a week off and ONLY if I REALLY REALLY have to.
Have to be off now for uni but will think about it later.

Aniseteph

I haven't had dreams like that about dancing, but I have several times about singing. I let rip with some aria or other and it all comes out beautifully and effortlessly and it's like your soul flying free... and I remember what it felt like when I wake up. Daft, because I do NOT sing so good in real life. :lol:

Safran

Now, when I start to think of it... I do have dreams about belly dance every now and then. But it is usually about being in class or drilling a move, rather than dancing in a social setting or performing. How odd :think:

Does dance drilling in dreams count as a practice session? :lol:

gisela

Super Moderator
Came to think of a serious costume-malfunction-dream I had. It involved too long, too loose gauntlets that kept sliding down over my hands and extending my arms, if you see how I mean. I have gone to several workshops in my dreams as well. Usually the bd-dreams are very down to earth and realistic, like it's in an ordinary gym-hall or I can remember the colour, fabric and beading on my imaginary costumes. They haven't even been that nice :(. Ugly low budget turkish costume in baby blue crushed velvet. I wish I could dream about some amazing bedlah.