Starting a Bellydance Store

Brea

Hi KuteNurse,

Well, my dream place to open would be Canal Park! I want it to be somewhere accessible for people, of course. I have been in contact with some commercial property owners; we will see how it pans out.

Did you see the WIND yesterday! Ugh!

Reen.Blom

Do you think there is demand for that kind of stuff in your area? It must be quite exciting to be able to start own business!

KuteNurse

Hi KuteNurse,

Well, my dream place to open would be Canal Park! I want it to be somewhere accessible for people, of course. I have been in contact with some commercial property owners; we will see how it pans out.

Did you see the WIND yesterday! Ugh!

It was crazy! My husband said the waves were blowing off-shore which is unusual for Duluth. I could not believe how the wind was blowing the snow across the road. Brrr...It is freezing out right now! lol Canal park would be an awesome place for a studio/BD store. It probably would bring in some summer tourists also for classes. You could advertise specials for summertime classes.

da Sage

Canal park would be an awesome place for a studio/BD store. It probably would bring in some summer tourists also for classes. You could advertise specials for summertime classes.

Yes, I think trying to attract the tourists to the store/classes is a good idea.

Brea

Yes...."Duluth: The Riviera of the North! The Bellydance Capital of the Arctic!"

haha.

I would LOVE to have it in Canal Park. I can't imagine that's a cheap venture, however!! Yikes. Still, I feel most comfortable in Canal Park and on Park Point (after living in Key West, LA, and Hawai'i, that's the only place where Minnesota really has the same feel).

I think there is definitely a market here for it...one of those things that is really popular for no apparent reason other than being exotic and shiny.

Brea

Actually Reen I might take you up on that! I have an idea for one already. Mya, how are you doing? I haven't talked to you in a while.

Mya

been better. have to force myself to dance these days but i feel better after i do. Good luck with your store. we don't have anything like that here so i hope one day to do what you're doing!