Valentine's Day-what is your costume n music

janaki

Hey guys,

Is any of you performing for Valentine's day?? I have 2 shows on that nite (my hubby is away in business trip:(). I performed last year also. I wore red and gave away roses in one of the restaurants I performed. Everyone was very happy, including the manager of the place and he gave me extra money. I don't remember what songs I danced though.

I am not very comfortable to dance on this night when couples are having intimate dinner together. I bet the guys are not comfortable to watch a belly dancer. I know these two places and I dance there often, that is why I couldn't say no.

This year I want to play something medium to slow pace and romantic music. I prefer to dance something dreamy, floaty and soft,,like oriental fantasy. Set one I wanna wear white and silver and dance with my wings ( I am not a big fan of wings but it adds something to a show). Set two, I am gonna were red (red is lucky colour for locals here) and planning to give away roses again. It was a big hit last year.

Would like to ask you, if you perform on valentines day, do you wear any special costumes?? What kind of music do you choose? Are there any valentine kinda music in arabic???

Many thnaks in advance.
Janaki

Suhad

No, I work on Valentine's day. But I am dancing the day after. We'll see how it goes.

KuteNurse

It sounds wonderful Janaki! I wish I could attend a performance on Valentines Day. I also work all day long. However, get to wear Valentine's Day scrubs and my coworkers and myself are having a potluck lunch. My husband usually takes me out, but I work kinda late so he is going to make me a nice dinner and we will stay home:)