How much is too much?

Azeeza

How much clevage is the right amout to show and how much clevage is too much to show?

I'm in a predicament at the moment. As some of you know, I've had cup issues with costumes :eek:.

I have an upcoming performance and I have a costume that I would like to wear. It looks wonderful on me, except I have a clevage issue. The bra cups are a tad too small. At least I think they are. Every other part of the costume fits well, it's just the cups.

I do have another bra and belt set, where the cups fit better, but it isn't as nice looking. Since I'm dancing with other girls, we have matching sets.

The smaller, good looking set is a low cut bra with plenty of declotee' showing with the breasts sort of popping out of the top (hard cup Egyptian style) and the not so good looking set has cups that are angled differently and they are a little bigger (also hard cup Egyptian style).

Would you dare to perform in the smaller cup which looks great on you or would you go with the bigger cups and not be quite as dazzeling?

Thanks,

Azeeza

Rachy

Hmm....maybe you should practice in it and make sure you don't fall out of it. I am afraid that is going to happen to me! And I'm not even that big!

Mouse

If it didn't actually *look* like I was in danger of popping out I might dare if I used some of that double sided costume tape you can get so I felt secure enough that I wasn't going to fall out the top of my costume. If there was just way too much cleavage though I wouldn't because in my mind I would be imagining that the audience was just staring in horror at my breasts waiting for them to fall out!

Safran

Hey Azeeza! Indeed, if the bras fill their function and you are not scared of any trouble in that department (something falling out or slipping down), then go for the bra that makes you feel more comfortable. Feeling "Comfortable" in my scale of importance scores a bit more than feeling "fabulous" ;)

If you're afraid that the smaller bra is too revealing and you wouldn't feel confident enough wearing it, I have to sugestions that I've used myself... One is to stitch a suitable ribbon to the upper edge of the bra cup. It can be in the same colour of the base of your costume or serve as an additional decoration piece. Secondly - wear a big necklace. I have a triangular coin necklace that really gives the image of covering up. I hope my two cents will help you figure out what to wear :)

Azeeza

REALLLY??? I thought about taking a picture of my clevage in the bra and posting it, just for opinions. But, I have to think carefully about doing that. Someone might recognize my chest!! :-0

Azeeza

PS You gals are true dance mates!! Thanks for the encouragement!!

Rebecca_

If you're worried about popping out, Victoria's secret sells this great double sided "fashion" tape so you can tape yourself in your bra. It makes me feel a lot more secure!

Selkie

Hmm, it does look like the cups are cutting into your flesh. The "busting out all over" look might titillate the boys in the audience, but will likely also put off the more conservative audience members. It also looks a bit careless, since it really does look 'too small' rather than 'daring' - maybe people might think you outgrew your costume, or its near that time of the month :D Do you have pictures of the better-fitting outfit? Maybe it doesn't look as not-as-nice as you think =)

da Sage

I agree with Selkie...it's not a good look. When the cup pushes up, it can look good, if a bit over-the-top. But this one is pushing in, because the whole cup is too small. Quad-boobs are bad!

Can you wear the top of one costume with the bottom of the other? You said they all match.

Azeeza

Hi Selkie:

I was thinking the cups were on the small side too. They don't look too bad from the front, but they look bad from the side. However, all of my Egyptian costumes do the same thing (cut into the flesh), only not as noticable as this one.

When I mentioned that this bra "looked better" on me, I meant the whole set. The bra fits well in the back and the straps are perfect and the belt is wonderful, it's just those dog gone cups that don't fit.

I'm waiting to hear other's opinions before I throw in the towel (sort of a poll ;-)). I know this set looks way better on me than the other...if it wasn't for the dang cups.

I agree with Selkie...it's not a good look. When the cup pushes up, it can look good, if a bit over-the-top. But this one is pushing in, because the whole cup is too small. Quad-boobs are bad!

Can you wear the top of one costume with the bottom of the other? You said they all match.

So that's what quad boobs are :)!!! OK, I'll wear the boring set. I don't have another one that goes with this because it has silver on it.

PS Time to go move the hooks on the other set on both the bra and the belt, and move the straps for that matter too...sigh...

Does anyone want to buy a bra and belt set
:( ???

The more I think about it, the better off I am wearing the costume that doesn't look as great on me (now, it's just the size of cups that are unflattering and nothing else).

I don't want to end up on Amulya's site ;) !

Azeeza

Last edited by a moderator:

Azeeza

Please don't post my private pictures on any other site.

Thanks, I deleted them, just in case.

Azeeza :)

da Sage

PS Time to go move the hooks on the other set on both the bra and the belt, and move the straps for that matter too...sigh...[/B][/COLOR]

Does anyone want to buy a bra and belt set
:( ???

I hope you don't have to sell it! Maybe you can rework it somehow?

I fight quad-boob constantly with my regular bras. All my weight changes show up front and (off) center. I am constantly changing bras.:(

Shanazel

Somewhere on the forum is a post about taking out the underwires and moving them to the side to give more room in the cups. That might work.

Azeeza

Would it Help with Quad Boobs?

Somewhere on the forum is a post about taking out the underwires and moving them to the side to give more room in the cups. That might work.

Hi Shanazel:

I keep trying to visualize moving the wires under the cup and how that would affect the "quad boob" effect and I just can't imagine that it would do much.

What I think I may have to do, in order to wear it, is to take the whole thing apart and re-bead a larger cup. I've done this before and it was no fun. But, I suppose it would depend on how much I liked the costume. It does look nice on me, so I might give it a go.

I didn't tell everyone that I put this bra back together because it had been altered tremendously. Fringe was cut and the cups were moved closer together. I made more fringe and put it back on the bra and I also took the cups apart and pulled out the middle piece and reattached it back between the cups thinking it might work for me. Still, that wasn't enough to fit me better, unfortunately.

I've invested a lot of time into this set already and for now, I'd like to put it away and think about investing more time into it or just selling it.

Thanks for the additional idea,

Azeeza

Shanazel

Azeeza, I too had trouble visualizing the effect of moving the wires to the side, but the pictures on the thread I refer to showed a remarkable difference in cup size by allowing extra room to the outside of the cups. Imagine opening the seam that hold the underwire beneath your arm, then moving the underwire toward your back and re-stitching it.

I will try to find the thread in question- it may be on the old forum from before the hacker hijack.

Azeeza

Yes!

Azeeza, I too had trouble visualizing the effect of moving the wires to the side, but the pictures on the thread I refer to showed a remarkable difference in cup size by allowing extra room to the outside of the cups. Imagine opening the seam that hold the underwire beneath your arm, then moving the underwire toward your back and re-stitching it.

I will try to find the thread in question- it may be on the old forum from before the hacker hijack.

I'm WITH you now!!! If you can find the thread, I'd love to read it. I need to figure out where to move the wires.

THANK YOU,

Azeeza

Shanazel

Alas, Azeeza, the old forum is inaccessible. Let me see if I can explain what I recall of the process of moving the wires.

In the bra, there is a narrow pocket that holds the under wire. You open part of the seam and remove the wire. Notice the part of the underwire pocket that is closest to your arm? This is the part you are going to redo so that it actually extends onto the side of the bra, past the original cup. Make a new pocket for the underwire, using bias tape, and extending it onto the side of the bra. Replace the original underwire with a slightly larger one. This will give extra room for your breasts at the sides without having to alter the front of the bra.

Whoever posted this also posted a picture of her altered bra, and it looked great. I hope she sees this post and comments on any mistakes I may have made in reiterating her instructions. I haven't tried the procedure myself.

Azeeza

Hi Shanazel:

Ooh, thanks for the information!

I wished I knew in advance if this would work for me or not. I'd hate to invest more time into this bra only to find that it didn't work.

I'll keep you posted!

Azeeza