how long..??

honey

Honey,

It would be very helpful if you would right out complete words instead of using texting shortcuts. Remember that there dancers from all over the world on this site and for many English is not their first language. So it helps to use standard English so that everyone understands.

And now on to some YouTube suggestions. You might want to check out the clips recommended here at Orientaldancer.net and at Bhuz.com. Sometimes people will post links for something on YouTube that is really outrageously awful, but usually the links here are for wonderful performances by excellent dancers.

This will give you a chance to see many excellent performances in a variety of styles. And will help you hone your eye and ear.

Good luck with your pursuits. You are on the right track.

Souzan

dear if no-one understands me then they can either ask me and i will re-write it, or they wont answer me. im sorry but we r free 2 write as we please, i will carry on 2 cut my words as its not against the guidelines.

thx 4 the sites, i will have a look at them, u've been a help.. thx 4 wishing me luck, good luck with wat u do also :)

lizaj

dear if no-one understands me then they can either ask me and i will re-write it, or they wont answer me. im sorry but we r free 2 write as we please, i will carry on 2 cut my words as its not against the guidelines.

thx 4 the sites, i will have a look at them, u've been a help.. thx 4 wishing me luck, good luck with wat u do also :)

Honey,

It would be very helpful if you would right out complete words instead of using texting shortcuts. Remember that there dancers from all over the world on this site and for many English is not their first language. So it helps to use standard English so that everyone understands.

Well here is one poor old English English speaker who finds reading text speak idifficult.:lol:

Souzan

Lizajuk -- thanks! I've been biting my tongue, or my typing fingers as it were.

Honey -- you came on asking for information because you want to become a professional middle eastern dancer. Professional belly dancers are businesswomen. And I know you've heard this before, first impressions are everything.

There are many lovely and experienced professional and hobbyist dancers on this forum from whom you can learn much. The amount of effort that each of them, however, puts into responding to your questions may be appropriate the level of seriousness and professionalism you show in your posts.

Of course, you are free to text away and I will probably get slapped by a moderator for appearing to chide you. But I just wanted to let you know that I am saying this not as criticism but as some friendly advice. Take it or leave it and so will I.

Souzan

bellyrolle

Honey,

Well here is one poor old English English speaker who finds reading text speak idifficult.:lol:

I totally agree with you!!!!!:clap:

teela

how long have u been belly dancing?
Hmmmm I've been dancing almost 7.5 years so far and love it

how long did it take you to learn to dance professionally?
I am not dancing professionally because I live out in the boondocks of Alaska and there is no where to dance.

how many lessons did u take a week?
I use DVD's because the closest teachers are about 3 hours by air away

how often did u practice at home?
I practice usually 1 hour a day, 5 days a week on average.

how old were u wen u 1st started taking lessons?
I was about 44 when I first started.

honey

Lizajuk -- thanks! I've been biting my tongue, or my typing fingers as it were.

Honey -- you came on asking for information because you want to become a professional middle eastern dancer. Professional belly dancers are businesswomen. And I know you've heard this before, first impressions are everything.

There are many lovely and experienced professional and hobbyist dancers on this forum from whom you can learn much. The amount of effort that each of them, however, puts into responding to your questions may be appropriate the level of seriousness and professionalism you show in your posts.

Of course, you are free to text away and I will probably get slapped by a moderator for appearing to chide you. But I just wanted to let you know that I am saying this not as criticism but as some friendly advice. Take it or leave it and so will I.

Souzan

i am not a professional and im not a businesswoman, if the day came that i would be then i would be professional bout the way i write.. and believe me i have, but i am in a forum, im not at work now so i will choose how i will write. 1st impressions r everything but i am not here looking for a business deal im just askin a few simple questions. i will not come 2 a forum and be told how i should write wen i have seen other members in here write words such as wanna etc..
if u dont want 2 answer me then dont i have had quite a few replies with no one complaining u dont have 2 reply 2 me souzan, and neither does anyone who does not understand my "text writing".
and as for ur friendly advice.. well i am leaving it!

Moon

Honey, I think it's ok, people can just ask if they don't understand you.
I've seen other members write much "worse" than this and no-one was mentioning that!