Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horror Stories

Post Thanks / Like

Salma, just in case you ever need to know, we call those things urinals. Can't imagine it will come up often, but there ya go =p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brea View Post
    WOW the strip show thing is crazy! I can't believe that man, janaki! What IS it with people and bellydancing?

Mosaic- oh believe me I wanted the floor to swallow me! Imagine- that was my first ever live performance. The love of the dance won through though.

Yesterday was a bit unexpected, if not an actual horror story. I was supposed to help a dancer, just do one song, then found out we were getting paid (to dance for TWO HOURS straight!) I went home and just fell right asleep.

It was a bit hard for me though- the girl I was dancing with was noticably skinnier, and she got all the compliments and the looks (like, you are a great dancer, etc)...when she had only been dancing for a few years, is very stiff, has not learned basic posture or even undulation yet... and I have been dancing and training for nine years. The entire audience ignored me...perhaps that's what you get when you dance at a college in a small town! Of course she is going to be my student and I watched her with a dancer's eye, but it's really hard to know that you are accomplished and educated, a good dancer, none of that matters to an audience that overlooks all of that if you do not have a slim waistline. That is always upsetting.

I think it's not people being thin I have a problem with, but that people seem to respect that above ALL else. This would be why this girl was encouraged to only eat sugar and water two weeks before a performance. To hell with the bellydance as long as you can starve yourself. It makes me really angry.

However, the girl has great promise; I am excited to teach her.
    Perhaps they felt they should encourage the new girl to continue dancing?

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Brea; 05-04-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reen.Blom View Post
    Geez Amulya your story so far the scariest!!!

*hug*
    I have heard so many similar stories *shudder*, one that I found really freaky was that of a dancer who was hired to dance somewhere in Africa and her experience was horrible. I think it was posted on Bhuz. The poor dancer ended up with all sorts of problems, from unprofessional treatment, payment problems and all sorts of nasties. Imagine that, being far from home and in an unsafe environment.

Another story that I still remember is the one of a dancer who came home one day to find out someone had stolen her costumes... but not the whole costumes, only pieces, so she could not use them anymore. I think the dancer who this happened to might be on this forum. If she reads this, maybe she will tell the story first hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amulya View Post
    Another story that I still remember is the one of a dancer who came home one day to find out someone had stolen her costumes... but not the whole costumes, only pieces, so she could not use them anymore. I think the dancer who this happened to might be on this forum. If she reads this, maybe she will tell the story first hand.
    This is NASTY! Sounds like some competition would do or some "friend" disapproving dancing.... How gross is THAT!

Post Thanks / Like

To make a long story short, many years ago before I was married, the alcoholic husband of one of my students began to follow me everywhere. No matter where I danced, there he was. He cornered me after a performance once and told me all the things he knew about me: phone number, car license plate, where I worked, hours I worked, that I liked orange slushes from Dairy Queen. I moved once in town and he found me (it was a relatively small town) and I finally took a job out of town to get away from him. I saw him again a few years later at a gas station, and he was still creepy as hell, even though he'd sobered up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    To make a long story short, many years ago before I was married, the alcoholic husband of one of my students began to follow me everywhere. No matter where I danced, there he was. He cornered me after a performance once and told me all the things he knew about me: phone number, car license plate, where I worked, hours I worked, that I liked orange slushes from Dairy Queen. I moved once in town and he found me (it was a relatively small town) and I finally took a job out of town to get away from him. I saw him again a few years later at a gas station, and he was still creepy as hell, even though he'd sobered up.
    oh god! that's really creepy!
    i hope it'll never happen to me!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope so, too. Compared to some stalking stories, though, mine is downright innocuous.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Still scary indeed! You never know what a person who has such obsessions is capable of doing.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah! they are some weird psychos and pervs out there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12