Zill Clinic with Leyla Lanty, Sunnyvale CA, Mar. 3

LeylaLanty

On Monday, March 3, 7:00-9:00 pm at The Lunatic Fringe in Sunnyvale, CA, I will teach the zill workshop that I've presented at the Ahlan Wa Sahlan Festival in Cairo, Egypt in 2006 and 2007. Students will learn how to play zills musically while dancing without losing the music or the dance, along with an effective method for practicing what is taught in the workshop.

If your zilling is killing your dancing, if you want to learn the art of playing zills in performance with skill and grace, this workshop is for you!

The Lunatic Fringe Belly Dance Essentials Boutique and Dance Studio
182 South Murphy Ave., Sunnyvale CA
$20 Pre-register ~ $25 at the door
Pre-register: 408.732.2405
Plenty of free parking

Mya

i wish i lived over there! Ok maybe not. i'd probably be starving - but i'd be a great dancer.

hope some of you get to take the workshop!

Safran

I love the idea of a "Zill clinic"... It makes me think that the poor zills are ill and it is not my fault at all they don't sound well :lol:

But good luck with the workshop!

LeylaLanty

I love the idea of a "Zill clinic"... It makes me think that the poor zills are ill and it is not my fault at all they don't sound well :lol:

But good luck with the workshop!
:lol::lol: Best excuse I've heard so far! Thanks for your good wishes!

gisela

Super Moderator

:lol::lol::lol:
Beware of keeping the props in the same drawer, they might infect each other. I think that has happened to me. Stick, veil, zills... all are ill and a mess:lol:

LeylaLanty

:lol::lol::lol:
Beware of keeping the props in the same drawer, they might infect each other. I think that has happened to me. Stick, veil, zills... all are ill and a mess:lol:
:lol::lol::lol: I always thought it was contagious.... :lol: Ever had one of those performances when the cane, veil, AND zills each had minds of their own? I have and now I know that they probably were in a conspiracy ... :think:

LeylaLanty

Bump! Tomorrow's the day! Learn how to play and dance without getting your fingers or your body or your knickers in a twist! ;) ...and bring your sick zills too!