Who do you consider living Legends in bellydance?

Safran

And here is my secret plan for April while being at Cairo.
Aisha Azar will be there, I've organized to kidnap her with some other greeks !! lock her in a room, and since I have inside confidential goverment informations that she is a sweet freak (like me he he) I'll torture her with special sweets from Greece until she say yes and give us some lessons ...

Now shhhhhhhhhhhh.... no-one tell to her;)

Kisses
Maria Aya
:cool:

Hey Maria, I want to be your partner in crime too!

Sorry for the off-top :redface:

Aisha Azar

Thanks!!!

Dear Ladies,
I want to extend my thanks here for your warm and wonderful support!! I hope that eventually we all get to meet and I would LOVE to have all of you in a class some day! I LOVE to teach!
With warmest regards,
A'isha

ahhhh thanks for sharing that maria!!!

hmm..
here in the states:
definetly aisha ali of california

http://aisha-ali.com/bio.html

jodette

shareen el safy

egypt:

nagwa sultan: i'm not sure if she still alive? is she?......

fifi abdo:damn i'm really gonna miss out on her in several months when she comes totexas and i don't care about the teaching part really,she may not be the best teacher i just wanna see her dancing! that shows me something!

nagwa fouad: i know not alot of people care for her dancing but still....she still has something to offer.

farida fahmy and mahmoud reda.

Shanazel

I have only 5 years to go before I reach legend age, then!!

And only 45 years to become an antique! Will you then need a rak-ing chair? Happy early birthday, by the way, in case I forget next week.

Aisha Azar

Legends

Dear aglassandacigarette and Shanazel,

I would highly recommend both Jodette and Aisha Ali....back to back in fact, if you don't mind feeling slightly skitzoid!! And thanks for the Khaliji mention!

Dearest S, after walking my dog on long line all week through uneven, patchy, icy snow, last night after my beginner class, my knees thought I was already an antique, and one in fairly bad shape at that. I took two extra strength aspirin and am feeling much improved this A.M. And thanks for the B-day wishes. We should all remember to wish Morocco a Happy Birthday on March 2nd. We were only a little surprised to find that we have birthdays back to back!

Regards,
A'isha

janaki

Dearest S, after walking my dog on long line all week through uneven, patchy, icy snow, last night after my beginner class, my knees thought I was already an antique, and one in fairly bad shape at that. I took two extra strength aspirin and am feeling much improved this A.M.
Regards,
A'isha

A'isha antique??? What are you talking about??? This is for you my dearest A'isha. Hope this will help you remove the word antique from your health library! This guy is my current crush interest. His name is Kunal Kapoor and he is a bollywood actor.

Sorry Maria, Couldn't resist. I will behave from now on.

Aisha Azar

Omg!!!!

Dear Janaki,
Thanks for the Eye Candy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That first photo in the orange jacket. That guy is SO VERY fine!!
Hugs to you,
A'isha

Shanazel

No, no, no, Jamaki, A'isha doesn't qualify for antique for another 45 years- furniture has to be 100 years old to qualify, why shouldn't people? My knees have been lying to me for a coon's age, A'isha, and I generally shut mine up with inbuprofen.

No additions come to mind to list in the Living Legend department.

Jane

Leyla Haddad

I was in the bathroom stall next to her once at Rakkasah. I was checking out her shoes. Boy that sounds kind of strange! :lol:

Hyacinth

Hi all :)
Dawlat Ibrahim (i'm crying everytime in her class)
I believe Dawlat is not so well known.
She is one of the most famous egyptian choreographers. She was trainer and choreographer for the Khaomeya Troupe and later she become one of the trainers and choreographers for many famous egyptian dancers such as:
Fifi Abdo, Nagua Fuad, Zizi Moustafa, Sahar Hamdi, Samya Hamada, Hala Zafy, Dina and many many others.
I want to share my personal experience in her lesson.
She is quite aged and heavy so she cant move, her sons lead her to a chair and sits in the middle of the class. She arrange as in a way that she can see all of us. Unfortunately her classes are not full (or maybe fortunately;) for us that attend) as most dancers want the teacher to be very active.
Her son teach the choreo and she stops us and correct, stand with help and walk to us, hug us in the class, whisper in our ear... alf mabrouk habebti (and we go on tears), speak to us about her life and how was it dancing in the 40's at Cairo and Mohamed Ali street. For me she is the living soul of dance in Cairo now.

I didn't realise that man was her son! I took a class with her at my first (and only for the time being:() Nile Group Fest and she was gorgeous!

I've also been lucky enough to take classes with Farida Fahmy and Aida Nour.

My teacher is arranging for ARtemis Mourat to come out and give us some workshops so I'm absolutely thrilled at that prospect!

Nabila Nazem

Hi All ...Don't forget Elena Lentini from New York. She is not as well-known as many of the big superstar Egyptian teachers, but she is a living legend nonetheless, and outdances everyone to boot!

Also, I've yet to hear anyone mention Yousry Sharif. Excellent master teacher, and certainly a genius. But maybe he's not yet chronologically old enough to be considered. Just a thought

Maria_Aya

Hi All ...Don't forget Elena Lentini from New York. She is not as well-known as many of the big superstar Egyptian teachers, but she is a living legend nonetheless, and outdances everyone to boot!

Also, I've yet to hear anyone mention Yousry Sharif. Excellent master teacher, and certainly a genius. But maybe he's not yet chronologically old enough to be considered. Just a thought

I vote for both of them !!!
I'm following Elena's travelings and when she's near Greece i'll pop to a workshop.
I cant wait for Yousry's Sharif workshop on June at Cairo, have it already in plans !!!

:D
Maria Aya