Opium Belly Dance - Oldham & Manchester, UK

Suheir

Anybody heard of Sufiana? Opium Belly Dance Oldham Lancs lessons classes courses training tutoring education

"It has often been said that The Eastern Dance smells like coffee and tastes like OPIUM" - has it really?

"I do not focus on a particular approach or style of this dance form. I have what may be called the ‘universal approach’ combining the best of Africa, Egypt, Turkey, Morocco, Lebanon, Arabia, Roma Gypsy, Spain… Having tasted the different variations of this dance, I can’t seem to favour amongst them" - all this says to me is Jack Of All Trades...

As for using a YouTube clip of Sadie in her advertisement, that's rather miselading. She has several clips of her own on YouTube but they're just montages of totally unrelated stills: http://www.youtube.com/user/OpiumBellyDance

teela

interesting advertisement. I wonder how long she's been dancing. Her add makes her seem like a generic dancer. How can you not have a particular approach or style?

gisela

Super Moderator
I reacted on this sentence: "Women have often underestimated the true potential of their bodies and undervalued their general ability to charm, please, be attractive, mysterious, unique, sexual, feminine, beautiful"

Maybe she means it in a good way (somehow) but it sounds to me like women should focus more on being charming, pleasing and attractive. I hoped we were moving away from that being the main point in a womans life.

lizaj

Anybody heard of Sufiana? Opium Belly Dance Oldham Lancs lessons classes courses training tutoring education

"It has often been said that The Eastern Dance smells like coffee and tastes like OPIUM" - has it really?

"I do not focus on a particular approach or style of this dance form. I have what may be called the ‘universal approach’ combining the best of Africa, Egypt, Turkey, Morocco, Lebanon, Arabia, Roma Gypsy, Spain… Having tasted the different variations of this dance, I can’t seem to favour amongst them" - all this says to me is Jack Of All Trades...

As for using a YouTube clip of Sadie in her advertisement, that's rather miselading. She has several clips of her own on YouTube but they're just montages of totally unrelated stills: YouTube - OpiumBellyDance's Channel

I'll see what I can find out oop here! She is new to me.
I think to post Sadie dancing without making it very clear is a bit cheeky to say the least.
PS I notice she is not interested in the fun and fitness brigade..well that'll keep her numbers down!

Suheir

Another online listing says: "Opium Belly Dance
Taught by one of Shishans leading instructors, a unique way of teaching BELLYDANCE to those aiming to reach a professional level or go on to teach your own class"

Shishan is an alternative for Chechen, apparently. I can't think of any other Chechen instructors offhand...

Suheir

Opium Belly Dance has another clip (slide show with non-Arabic music) on YouTube with the following description: Opium Belly Dance presents....
"ZOUK BELLYDANCE

When ZOUK LOVE is combined with the movement normally associated with bellydance and drizzled with brazillian and caribbean juices...it creates something extraordinarily sexual, sensual and unforgetful...first time in UK, every woman must try!

Tags: zouk love lambada bellydance opiumbellydance sexy"

Drizzled with juices?!

Shanazel

I've decided to offer Virtual Marijuana Belly Dance: The Essence of the 1960s Without the Distraction of Getting Busted for Possession. Dance to the Exotic Music of Donovan and Jimmy Hendrix. Drizzle Yourself With Organic Honey From Our Own Honeybees. Groove to the Good Vibes of the Love Generation. Must be over fifty to participate without special dispensation.

lizaj

I've decided to offer Virtual Marijuana Belly Dance: The Essence of the 1960s Without the Distraction of Getting Busted for Possession. Dance to the Exotic Music of Donovan and Jimmy Hendrix. Drizzle Yourself With Organic Honey From Our Own Honeybees. Groove to the Good Vibes of the Love Generation. Must be over fifty to participate without special dispensation.

Cool man..I actually have just bought myself a psychadelic long floaty frock and as for the flowers in me hair...well I'm a tribal girl ain't I?
And for getting off to San Francisco as long as your fearsome immigration will let me in, here I come
and I might be over 50;)
But then I never liked Dylan..he mumbles for God's sake...I was a Donovan woman and he's now called Youssef Islam if I am not getting muddled... Now I'm beginning to ramble.....:rolleyes:

lizaj

I shall bring a essence of Merseyside. My class is held in a village on the Mersey estuary.
"Feel the sand between your toes, oh daughters of the Mersey Dunes whilst the tang of salt is between your teeth.
Not for the faint hearted are these classes as the wind whips your veil...made of the canvas from the local yacht marina and learn to swirl the your ropes into fantastical shapes.
I shall reveal how to use your docker's hook to best effect as you chant your footie phrases.
If your search for enlightenment is not in vain , you may come upon the Lost Diamond Our Coleen flung at her desolate swain, Wayne and forever abandoned in the forest of pine.( but that all ended HEA)
Wandering beclad in belly dance finery, who knows you may come upon your own hero of footie field if you WAG your behind as I shall show you.
Dribbled in WKD beverage and a delicate smearing from the kebab shop who could resist you?
Grip tight your fake Chloe bag and adorned in Primark best and learn to Mersey-Belly"

karena

I shall bring a essence of Merseyside. My class is held in a village on the Mersey estuary.
"Feel the sand between your toes, oh daughters of the Mersey Dunes whilst the tang of salt is between your teeth.
Not for the faint hearted are these classes as the wind whips your veil...made of the canvas from the local yacht marina and learn to swirl the your ropes into fantastical shapes.
I shall reveal how to use your docker's hook to best effect as you chant your footie phrases.
If your search for enlightenment is not in vain , you may come upon the Lost Diamond Our Coleen flung at her desolate swain, Wayne and forever abandoned in the forest of pine.( but that all ended HEA)
Wandering beclad in belly dance finery, who knows you may come upon your own hero of footie field if you WAG your behind as I shall show you.
Dribbled in WKD beverage and a delicate smearing from the kebab shop who could resist you?
Grip tight your fake Chloe bag and adorned in Primark best and learn to Mersey-Belly"
where do i sign up?:lol:

Shanazel

I was a Donovan woman and he's now called Youssef Islam if I am not getting muddled... Now I'm beginning to ramble.....:rolleyes:

You are thinking of Cat Stevens, who I always liked very much. He released a new CD some time ago, but it was a bit disappointing.

If you're going to San-Fran-Cisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair...

Last edited:

*leila*

OMG you guys are hilarious.

I was thinking of joining her class, but i cant find any information on her, plus all her advertising does not have her in it, kind of makes me think she is hiding something. I hope not because it would be a shame if she was putting herself across as a teacher, and does damage to peoples perception of Belly dance.

lizaj

You are thinking of Cat Stevens, who I always liked very much. He released a new CD some time ago, but it was a bit disappointing.

If you're going to San-Fran-Cisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair...

I am indeed I liked 'em both but I don't think our Cat is allowed into the States nowadays!

Suheir

:lol::lol::lol:

Oooh! Oooh! Can you teach me that traditional dance where you dance round Gerry Marsden and try to get his toupee off with your docker's hook, to "Ferry Cross The Mersey"?

lizaj

:lol::lol::lol:

Oooh! Oooh! Can you teach me that traditional dance where you dance round Gerry Marsden and try to get his toupee off with your docker's hook, to "Ferry Cross The Mersey"?

Did you know that as you go for a sail down the Mersey on the Royal Iris aka the floating chippie, they play "Ferry Cross the Mersey "over the loud speaker:D ?
Then we could do our Fusion : the Medieval version dressed in brown with cowl hood (suitable for all Renn Faires, don't ya know?)
"Ye Olde Ferrie 'cross ye Mersee" to celebrate the monks' rowing boats down stream of Birkenhead!

Mersey Fusion to Fog Horns or
Lime Street Fusion to Maggie May ( that might be a tad slutty)

Aniseteph

Oh wow, Merseybelly or Virtual marijuana Belly Dance... decisions decisions :think:

This clearly indicates some cross-cultural mixing or common :)lol:) roots, as similar costuming is seen in EssexBelly. Down a few Bacardi Breezers and demonstrate your improvised floor work as you exit the taxi!

lizaj

Oh wow, Merseybelly or Virtual marijuana Belly Dance... decisions decisions :think:

This clearly indicates some cross-cultural mixing or common :)lol:) roots, as similar costuming is seen in EssexBelly. Down a few Bacardi Breezers and demonstrate your improvised floor work as you exit the taxi!

Sans underwear!?:shok:;)