Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin Stockholm Belly Dance Festival 2008

index

Wow! The line-up is better than ever!

Mahmoud Reda, Aida Nour, Lubna, Asmahan (Cairo), Freiz, Nour, Liza Laziza, Leila (Cairo), Khaled Mahmoud, Tito, Magdy El Leisy, Ahmed Fekry, Khazafy, Ousama Emam, Zahra, Maher Kisck, Virginia (USA), Yasser, plus 24 teachers from Europe/USA.

I've been to this festival for the past three years and had such an amazing time, it's held at the Royal Swedish Ballet School so there are changing rooms, showers and proper studios and a beautiful theatre for the fantastic shows.

Sadly, I'm out of action for the forseeable future as I recently sprained both ankles very badly and tore ligaments but I recommed this festival to everybody.

Post Thanks / Like

Someday I'll go !!!!
    Suzanne (Zeina) and her husband Mohamed do a great job on organizing and everything.

Hey Suheir I'm sorry for your ankles

Maria Aya

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going! Have been checking the page almost everyday for information and finally...!!! At the first glance I'm thinking Aida Nour, Lubna Emam and Tito. Maybe Zeina... and I would also love some balady. An other recommendations? I want to experience the egyptian style.

Oooh I'm so excited!

And I'm sorry too, Suheir. That doesn't sound good. I was thinking of you, that you might come to SBDF.
    Anyone else?
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! I have a confirmation on my reservations and I have bought the train tickets. Now I have to find somewhere to stay. Luckily I have a lot of friends and even some relatives in Stockholm so I hope someone will take me in.
    Here's my program for the festival. I can hardly wait. Finally I will get to study with some of the great egyptians:

Khaled Mahmoud Cairo Baladi Style Intermediate level
    Thursday 1/5/08 Kl: 10-12.30

Lubna Emam Oriental Advanced Level, Thursday 1/5/08
    Kl:13.15-15.45

Asmahan Classical Oriental Oum Khaltoum Adv/Prof. Level,
    Thursday 1/5/08 16-18.30

Tito Oriental Advanced level, Friday 2/5/08 Kl:10.00-12.30

Aida Nour Egyptian Shabi Intermediate level, Friday 2/5/08

Asmahan Dynamic Veil Interm/Adv. Level, Saturday 3/5/08

Zeina Oriental Mixed level, Saturday 3/5/08 Kl: 16.15-17.45

Aida Nour Aidas Style Mixed level, Sunday 4/5/08 Kl:

I hope to get a basic understanding of the egyptian style and I chose Asmahan to hopefully learn some "Oh-la-la-Ompf" to apply to my performance.

Doesn't seem as anyone else here is going but maybe you will change your minds?

I will report from my stockholm adventure, I promise.
    immer glimmer

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    Yay! I have a confirmation on my reservations and I have bought the train tickets. Now I have to find somewhere to stay. Luckily I have a lot of friends and even some relatives in Stockholm so I hope someone will take me in.
    Here's my program for the festival. I can hardly wait. Finally I will get to study with some of the great egyptians:

Khaled Mahmoud Cairo Baladi Style Intermediate level
    Thursday 1/5/08 Kl: 10-12.30

Lubna Emam Oriental Advanced Level, Thursday 1/5/08

Asmahan Classical Oriental Oum Khaltoum Adv/Prof. Level,
    Thursday 1/5/08 16-18.30

Tito Oriental Advanced level, Friday 2/5/08 Kl:10.00-12.30

Aida Nour Egyptian Shabi Intermediate level, Friday 2/5/08

Asmahan Dynamic Veil Interm/Adv. Level, Saturday 3/5/08

Zeina Oriental Mixed level, Saturday 3/5/08 Kl: 16.15-17.45

Aida Nour Aidas Style Mixed level, Sunday 4/5/08 Kl:

I hope to get a basic understanding of the egyptian style and I chose Asmahan to hopefully learn some "Oh-la-la-Ompf" to apply to my performance.

Doesn't seem as anyone else here is going but maybe you will change your minds?

I will report from my stockholm adventure, I promise.
    You have great taste in workshops!

You'll have a wonderful time, the shows also look fantastic (as usual). I'm sorry I can't be there this year but I need to make sure all my torn ankle ligaments are properly recovered before I can even contemplate workshops or classes.

I *love* Khaled's baladi, he is great at demonstrating the difference between Oriental and beladi movements. Aida is always in a good mood in Stockholm and Zeina is an excellent teacher. I haven't been to Asmahan.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow what a line up!! Thanks for poting about this Suheir, Ill definately consider going next year! Is it the same sort of prices as the UK festivals? Sorry to hear about your ankles, i can imagine it is so frustraing but you will get there in time.

Post Thanks / Like

For the 2,5 hours workshops you pay 350 swedish crowns, which equals around £35 (I don't know today's exchange rate, but I think £1 is around 10 sek).
    For the shorter workshops it's 175 sek and lower. The shows are 150 sek each. There are three: thursday, friday and saturday.

I will have to pay around £280 in total incl 2 shows. A lot of money but I have turned other things down this year to make room for this as I feel it will be SOOO worth it.

How are the prices in the UK?
    Last edited by gisela; 03-11-2008 at 09:05 AM.
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!

35 P for 2,5 h Workshop is quite cheap, esp, for such great teachers!

Such a pity that I have not enough money for the travel and toooo less time for this festival.

But I wish you all fun and joy and good inspirations by the teachers and please write a little bit about it when it is finished.

KR
    Salma

Post Thanks / Like

Gisela,
    I`m also attending Khaled Mahmoud´s workshop on Thursday and Aida Nour´s on Friday! And a couple of other....And also the three shows...
    I´m just as exited as you are.....
    I´m sure we´ll have a great time there, loved it last year!

Post Thanks / Like

What are the dates for this festival and does it take place just once a year?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast