Arabic style machine embroidery designs

Wiggle

Hello

Anybody out there who knows of any machine embroidery sites that do arabic/eygptian style border designs?

I would like to embroider a top, possibly skirt and I can't find anything suitable, there seems to be a lack of designs in that field or I'm not putting in the right search words (which seems much more believable)

Thank you
Wiggle.

Azeeza

Shanazel:

OMG! How freaking cool is this??? I can pay and download the designs and put them on my sewing machine, then add them to t-shirts for friends of mine!

I LOVE it!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Azeeza

Wiggle

Hi
Thank you for that I've just had a look, it's great, I think I've just found the perfect sleeve and collar combo. Will let you know how it goes.

I found this site through a friend of mine, it's not arabic/eygtian as such, however, some of the border designs could be used, I think, they a quite neutral, add a few sequins in strategic places, could look quite good. Great for sleeves or edging skirt. Take a long time but could be worth it. Think I'll do a mini costume first see if it looks good. Quite reasonablt priced too.
Can't figure out how to hyperlink it though.
Doesn't seem to be working, ach!, computers and I do not mix well.

Happy sewing!

Embroidery Designs, Embroidery Patterns and more at EmbroideryDesigns.com

shiradotnet

I could've sworn I answered this question, but maybe I zapped the answer instead. Try Arabic And Oriental Embroidery Designs. I know nothing about them except they advertise pharonic embroidery.

Just visited this page. Who in the heck thinks we run around with skirts so sheer that we appear to be practically naked? Nearly all the designs in the belly dance category look like that. I need an emoticon of someone with an annoyed face sticking out his tongue.

Sita

Just visited this page. Who in the heck thinks we run around with skirts so sheer that we appear to be practically naked? Nearly all the designs in the belly dance category look like that. I need an emoticon of someone with an annoyed face sticking out his tongue.

Allow me....

Sita

arabic style machine embroidery

If you check Dover Books, they have a number of books of clip art, some are on cd's.These books have titles like Persian design, Islamic art, Egyptian art. So check their clip art selections also their needlework selections. I don't know about how to program a machine for embrodiery so i don't know how useful this is. They have a lot of interesting stuff that is useful for costuming. Welcome to Dover Publications! Since 1941, we've offered great books at amazing prices, including over 600 titles that sell for less than $2.00! With over 8,000 value-priced titles we have books for almost every interest. Dover collections include fu

Last edited:
After searching unsuccessfully for good designs for costumes and gear bags or clothes, I began digitizing my own.

I am working on some motifs which used in series or mixed make nice borders. They are influenced by old Persian carpets and Morroccan tiles. There are also some quite realistic dancers. I am limited to smaller designs (4" x 4") due to my machine. I am still fine tuning them, but if anyone is interested, I am considering marketing them in the near future.

I can send them by email attachment or disk in many formats. I have been digitizing off and on for five plus years. I make a great effort to eliminate jumpers and other nasty issues. I do use my own designs, so I want them easy to sew and clean.

I have included a link to photobucket where you can view three scanned designs. This is a small sample of the whole packet I am working on. There are at least three female dancers and, at this time, one male dancer. The motifs work nicely combined for borders, belts and such.

If anyone is interested let me know and we'll work something out!

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq332/thersut/persianstar-1.jpg
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq332/thersut/drumdancer.jpg
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq332/thersut/desertstar.jpg

Glad to find you all, keep it shaking.
Rev. Theresa

Shanazel

Are we looking at the same page, Shira? The one I come up with just has maybe a dozen machine embroidery motifs- no nearly naked skirts at all. How curious.

zenuba

Machine Embroidery Belly Dance designs

These designs are applique machine embroidery designs, in other words, you use fabric of your choice for that part (skirt, etc.). It's a step when you're doing the stitchout. The designs have lots of detail, and are unique & pretty when stitched out.

Cheers! :)