Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Greetings from California

I found the forum serendipitously, but as Louis Paster said.."chance Favors the prepared Mind" so here I am."
    in my case Photo ergo sum...
    Lepidopterists collect butterflies , philatelists collect stamps ( Philatery will get you nowhere ) numismatists collect coins, paleontologists collect fossils, but I collect BELLY DANCERS...
    see some of my collection at link below.
    including, Fahtiem,Ansuya, Rania, Sonia, Dond, Myryka, Meera and many more.
    Let me know what you think...
    Thanks for visiting.... clicketh here... or cutteth and pasteth..
    Art of Belly Dance

Michael
    Michael Campbell PhotoGraphics

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Many of those photographs are genuinely beautiful. Why don't you swing on over to the marketing section of the forum and post there?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Wow. Many of those photographs are genuinely beautiful. Why don't you swing on over to the marketing section of the forum and post there?
    Thanks Shanazel, I posted some more at
    http://forum.orientaldancer.net/othe...ess-dance.html

Myryka is one of my favorite belly dancers to photograph i also made a painting of her with a cello.
    see below with close up detail.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of them look more like fantasy pictures than bellydance pictures to me, but yes, they look very nice indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Most of them look more like fantasy pictures than bellydance pictures to me, but yes, they look very nice indeed.
    Thanks you got it..... yes that is exactly what they are supposed to look like !!!
    I have seen lots of the usual 'belly dancer ' photos on dancers' web sites taken in some restaurant or other location with terrible lighting and horrible backgrounds and I wanted to show the beauty of the dancer in more poetic and romantic ways. So I have spent quite a lot of time creating backgrounds and techniques to do this.
    Here is Sonia as Aphrodite, I took the image of the sea at Del Mar but the sky was wrong, I wanted it to reflect her flowing hair, so I waited for the right sky which I shot over the desert and combined the two..

The second one of Sonia for example, I drove to the Grand Canyon at the equinox to get a background for Eostra the Dawn Goddess.
    Eostre (pron East-ra) was the Anglo-Saxon goddess of the dawn, from whom "East" (where the sun rises) and "Easter" got its name - as the fertility goddess of the Northern European peoples,

She is also goddess Ostara, the maiden, in German mythology, celebrated when night and day are equal and balanced (the spring equinox for the northern hemisphere). Interestingly, the word "estrus" (referring to an animal in heat) is also derived from Eostra as her consort was a rabbit with an extraordinarily high libido! In one of her legends, she rescued a bird whose wings had frozen and changed it into a rabbit that could still lay eggs, from which come the Easter Bunny and Easter Eggs.
    Last edited by Michael Campbell; 02-27-2008 at 03:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

As a photographer myself, I just love these shots - beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you photograph all the dancers yourself? Is much of your work just straight photography without the digital manipulation of backgrounds and effects?

They are beautiful compositions but I guess a little too over processed for my liking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Missybell View Post
    Do you photograph all the dancers yourself? Is much of your work just straight photography without the digital manipulation of backgrounds and effects?

They are beautiful compositions but I guess a little too over processed for my liking.
    A lot were done to teach myself photoshop and some are definitely over processed... yes I do straight photography .....I also shoot head-shots for speakers, authors actors and real estate agents , photograph popcorn machines and other junk made in China for Nostalgia Electrics – Liquidation Connect - Liquidation Connect teach workshops on Photoshop and Painter. Restore old photographs. And anything else I can do to pay the bills,I have made virtually nothing out of belly dancers in terms of the time I have spent (maybe a dime per hour if I worked it out )I had not planned to show them to anyone but but a friend saw them and said it was a pity no one else had seen them....so I was hoping to make something out of a book or calendar but need quite bit up front to print it and I have no idea how to sell it. I have sent my draft book to several agents who never replied. Right now I put it on the back burner.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I forgot to post here!

Welcome to the forums and hope you stay around and spoil us with more of your fabulous forks!

*big hug*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reen.Blom View Post
    Oh I forgot to post here!

Welcome to the forums and hope you stay around and spoil us with more of your fabulous forks!

*big hug*
    Fabulous FORKS !!
    Well if you insist
    Last edited by Michael Campbell; 03-05-2008 at 08:06 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast