New way to view attachments.

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
We made some changes to the thumbnail viewing process. Hope you will like it. You can click the thumbnail to enlarge and click it again to return. Plus when you enlarged one picture you can use arrow keys on your keyboard for next and previous pictures.

Reen.Blom

It is really nice!!! How did you do that technically if it is not a big secret? I am learning... Or maybe you would be so kind to direct me where I can read up about that cool effect? It is not Javascript is it? Is it flash? Im lost

gisela

Super Moderator
I don't get it!? :redface: It just does the same old thing for me... Opens up in another window that I have to close afterwards. Does it depend on the browser? I have IE.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Great idea! I love that ... and love those pics:)

As Reen said 'How is is that done'

Gisela, I use firefox and it works for me.
OK just tried explorer, the first pic opened with a click on it, then the 2nd at first expanded with a click, but quickly shot to a new page & the other 2 just opened into a new page ... that was weird:shok:
~Mosaic

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I also don't see anything new. I have firefox.

Do you see the pics? If you see them then just click on a pic, it should expand to a larger size. If it opens a new page like it use to then it isn't working. It works beautifully in FF but explorer - for me as mentioned above, starts off OK then reverts to old way of opening attachments.

Is your FF up to date? sometimes the latest versions are needed for some things to work. I had better check to see if Explorer is the latest, but I seldom use it, only when I need to go to MS for downloads, they don't like FF:D
~Mosaic

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
It is not Javascript is it?
Yes, it is Javascript

It just does the same old thing for me... Opens up in another window that I have to close afterwards. Does it depend on the browser? I have IE.
That's strange. :think: It works in all browsers. I use IE7 and it works fine. What version of IE do you use? I'll check in this version.

OK just tried explorer, the first pic opened with a click on it, then the 2nd at first expanded with a click, but quickly shot to a new page & the other 2 just opened into a new page
That sounds even wierder. :shok: :D What version of IE do you use?

I also don't see anything new. I have firefox.
Moon, did you click the thumbnails? Did they enlarge or did they open in a new window? I tested it in FF 2.0.0.12 and it works fine.

Moon

Yes I can see the thumbnails, yes I clicked them, no they don't enlarge, yes they do open in a new tab ;)

I have Firefox/2.0.0.12

But don't worry, I don't mind it opens in a new tab.

Salome

Administrator
don't worry, I don't mind it opens in a new tab.
But you are missing all the fun. :D My guess - JavaScript support is turned off in your browser. Pls check it by clicking "Tools" -> "Options" in FF.

Make sure the box is checked for Enable Jave Script

Moon

JavaScript was already enabled :confused:
I went to advanced and it's able to:
-Enlarge or reduce existing windows
-Let windows appear or disappear
-Turn off or replace context menus
(sorry if the translations are wrong, my version is in Dutch)

It's still not working.

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
Moon, I think I cracked this 'case'. :D You probably use "Blue" skin - that's the reason. If you change for "Sunset" everything will work.

gisela

Super Moderator
oooh I use blue as well.
I'll go check if that's it.

ETA: Haha! Yes! It works! I'm in on the fun and I love it too! Makes it so much smoother.
Thank's for solving the mystery.

Last edited: