Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Um, what?!

Post Thanks / Like

Rep to you, Tikvah. I am sick and tired of bellydancers - and instructors who should know better (and the weak-willed groupies who follow them) - so desperate to make themselves look good that they thrive on making others feel like crap. Get some perspective! At least 50 years from now when I look back, regardless of what has happened with my bellydance career, I can take satisfaction in the fact that I have treated people with the kindness and respect that human beings deserve. And it is sad for people like Eman who cannot.
    And props to Brea and KuteNurse for having the courage to speak out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenc View Post
    Glad to see you got over it. I'm sure many didn't.
    I'm sure of that. Thankfully that area has a vibrant bellydance community with twice a year community shows that anyone can perform in, other haflas, other teachers.....once you escape from her studio (which is how a lot of the local dancers refer to themselves....as escapees), there's a lovely and supportive community that's non-competitive.

I also wanted to add one thing. There's no way that the poster that addressed me by "Cassey" is a fellow student from my class or performed with me. There was only one other girl that started with me in August....we were the "elders" of the class. So either the post in question with written by Eman herself or one of her top cronies. Actually, come to think of it, because I was the last in line to go on stage, no one else would have seen Eman hug me and try to tell me that I still loved her as I was still crying out of anger. So, ta-da....we have Eman herself posting.

~signed the awkwardly shaped bellydancer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tikvah View Post
    I'm sure of that. Thankfully that area has a vibrant bellydance community with twice a year community shows that anyone can perform in, other haflas, other teachers.....once you escape from her studio (which is how a lot of the local dancers refer to themselves....as escapees), there's a lovely and supportive community that's non-competitive.

I also wanted to add one thing. There's no way that the poster that addressed me by "Cassey" is a fellow student from my class or performed with me. There was only one other girl that started with me in August....we were the "elders" of the class. So either the post in question with written by Eman herself or one of her top cronies. Actually, come to think of it, because I was the last in line to go on stage, no one else would have seen Eman hug me and try to tell me that I still loved her as I was still crying out of anger. So, ta-da....we have Eman herself posting.

~signed the awkwardly shaped bellydancer
    the awkwardly shaped belly dancer...brilliant!..... sounds like a mystery novel and you're worthy of Sherlock himself for your "detection"

Post Thanks / Like

Rep to you, Tikvah! Hooray for body acceptance!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567