What have you enjoyed today?

Shanazel

My daughter and I drove to the town where she will be going to college (about 2.5 hours from here), rented a stall and run for her horse, got her college stuff mostly straightened out, and had lunch together. She moves into the dorms on Sunday and my nest will be empty. I don't quite know whether to put :( or :dance:.

Sherezade

My daughter and I drove to the town where she will be going to college (about 2.5 hours from here), rented a stall and run for her horse, got her college stuff mostly straightened out, and had lunch together. She moves into the dorms on Sunday and my nest will be empty. I don't quite know whether to put :( or :dance:.

Sorru, only got to read this now. You should be :dance:, Shanazel. :) I know it's hard, but your daughter is starting a new and important phase of her life and you must feel proud about it. And, after all, we all do this somewhen in life. Good luck for her! :)

gisela

Super Moderator
I am enjoying watching the victory speech by Denmark's first ever female prime-minister :)
And more importantly she is from the side I am rooting for AND it means a political change for the danish government :dance:

Shanazel

It is exciting. Until I actually received the pass I didn't believe it was going to come about. When the military lost a big chunk of their transportation budget that included the amount that was meant to transport us between military base schools. Did not think we had a snowball's chance in Alice Springs in December of getting anywhere the amount we needed to do this tour, but- tickets were bought yesterday and itinerary was discussed this afternoon.

So, looks like the dancing mouse and her friends are off to entertain the troops' children after all. :dance:

Daimona

I am enjoying watching the victory speech by Denmark's first ever female prime-minister :)
And more importantly she is from the side I am rooting for AND it means a political change for the danish government :dance:

Congratulations! It was a close race, and exciting to follow in the news.

I printed out my boarding pass for the trip to Germany. Yes!!! It is really going to happen!!!

That is great! (I just wish you could come a bit further north as well... ;))

Shanazel

I wish I could, too, Daimona. I've wanted to see Norway ever since I saw a movie back in the sixties about Laplanders called "Make Room for LuLu." My husband is part Norwegian by descent; some of his elders spoke Norwegian as a first language when they were alive. All I know is Uff da and lutefisk. :D

Never been too keen on going to Germany but hey- looks like that is where I am meant to go. We'll also go to Belgium. I hoped to get close enough to the Alps at least to get a glimpse of them, but alas!