Post Thanks / Like

Default Salome to teach this fall

Hello everyone,

thought I'd post this for those of you in the Willamette Valley, Oregon area. I will be offering three sessions in the American style of Oriental dance this fall, here is a brief overview:

Oriental Dance Fundamentals. This beginning level course will start on September 18th and will meet in Corvallis on Mondays from 7:45 – 9:15pm.

Oriental Dance Progression. This beginner/intermediate course will build on your foundation with advanced movement groups, layering, musical interpretation, finger cymbals, veil work, choreography and improvisation. Starts September 19th and will meet in Corvallis on Tuesdays from 7:45 – 9:15pm.

Performance Skills. This intermediate/advanced course will explore purpose, music, costuming, essence, entrances, exits, bows, stage presence, audience interaction, emoting, and strong technique. Starts September 21st and will meet in Corvallis on Thursdays from 7:00 – 8:30pm.

All sessions last 8 weeks and are $80 for a prepaid session or $12 on a pay per class basis.

If you would like to register for one, or more, of the sessions I’m teaching this fall, please post here or email me and mention which session(s) you’d like to attend. I’ll get back to you with the session information sheet and registration form. Thanks!
    Last edited by Salome; 08-14-2006 at 11:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Salome to teach, etc.

Dear Salome,
    Having worked with you in a workshop situation, I am happy that you are going to be offering classes in your area again this Fall!! You are a wonderful instructor and I hope that many dancers take advantage of the fact that you are settled in to teach in your area.
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Salome - The workshops sound fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd go in a second, but too bad, 1000's of miles away........... I'd go out of my way to take a workshop or class from you, but unfortunately Corvallis is a bit impossible........ Pls let us know if you might ever be in Portland for instance, etc......... Regards, Ludy (really sad I can't go to this!!!!!!!!!!)

PS -- The Dance Progression and Performance Skills -- Any chance we might arrange some long distance class notes, possibly w/ a little video footage with it?? As I think about it, I wonder if that could leverage your teaching as well as assist thse of us 1000's of miles away.......If there's any chance............................................ .(even say , a 1/2 hour DVD clip on each subject would be so great..........................)
    Last edited by Ludmilla; 08-15-2006 at 07:02 PM.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea! Lol, a Salome DVD!

Yea- if you're ever in England yull have to give us a bell too.

Post Thanks / Like

when you come to the Netherlands or Belgium too please

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    Yea! Lol, a Salome DVD!

Yea- if you're ever in England yull have to give us a bell too.
    Yeah, I agree. Salome, you should make a DVD! Or just come to Boston... A'isha, you should come to Boston too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yshka View Post
    when you come to the Netherlands or Belgium too please
    Yes yes yes yes, I second that!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Salome, etc.

Dear Rebecca,
    I am sure we would both LOVE to come to Boston! Actually, I may even still have a few stray relatives there, though mostly my extended family is in Maine and New Hampshire...so I understand the dialect!!
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

Great scedule Salome !!!!
    Your students will be lucky having you
    Hugs and love
    Maria Aya