Nelly

Aisha Azar

Nelli

Dear Suheir,
Is she not just adorable??? I have always liked Nelli Fouad. I think she is just about one of my favorite cane dancers ever, and as she got older, she calmed down considerably and became one of my favorite dancers all around. She really has some pretty complex stuff she does and she is cute as a bug's ear!! This is from one of the early videos and that playing card background is hysterical!!
Regards,
A'isha

KuteNurse

She is great!! Lots of fun to watch. I do not know anything about her, so I am gonna have to google her. When do you think that performance was done? By the style of the costume, I would guess the late 80's or 90"s? I am not an expert. I love the long fringe coming off her top. I have not seen fringe that long before on a bratop. Was this the style or is it still in style? I also noticed she had on flatter dancing shoes. They looked quite attractive, but yet comfortable, which is what I need for plantar fascitis.

Aniseteph

I love the long fringe coming off her top. I have not seen fringe that long before on a bratop. Was this the style or is it still in style?

I think it's a 70's/80's thing - I've seen a clip of a dancer with even longer fringe than that. :shok:

Lydia

Fringe i still use them looks great,but now ,,old fashion,, but i dont care i never follow fashion i wear what like and what makes me look good and what sits nice when i dance ,so i hope they come back in fashion....i hade a talk lost time whit mahmoud in cairo ,the (costume tressure box) he use to have so many fringe in differant colors and sizes ,but now he just hade a few.He said that only dancers from the eastblok and russia are buying them now,and that before the dancers from the states would buy but not annymore.so he dont keep stock..for me i think it looks great and hope they come back...I think this video is from the early 80,that is when i bought the same copy,have a nice day Lydia

taheya

Ahhh Stunning! I have not heard of Nelly Fouad, she is a great dancer, I must look her up too!