Hi Every1 :)

sweetescape83

Hi all, I just stumbled across this wonderful site whilst browsing for make up tips.

I have been really interested in belly dancing for a few years now, but being a single working mother of 2 kids I have found it hard to find time for myself over the years. Now I'm working from home, I am hoping to get alot more time to spend on my hobbies :pray:

I was browing for some tips of how to do your make up to go with the belly dance costumes, but don't seem to be getting very far atm, so if any1 does have any good sites for me to look at, I would appreciate it greatly.

I love doing my make up at home when I am going out, and would love some new ideas for more expressive and artistic make up ideas :)

I am form the North East of England and would love to meet and chat with ppl who are interested in Belly dancing around this area :)

gisela

Super Moderator
Hi and welcome. That's great that you'll try to find some time for yourself. Hope you manage.
Check out the "beauty and fitness" part of the forum. There are several threads on make up: e.g Eye make up in general, Stage make up-tips and tricks, and probably some more... There are also tutorials on YouTube with some very cool "arabic eye"-makeup advice.
Have a god time here
gisela

sweetescape83

Thank you very much hun :)

I keep trying to look at the make up section, but I get side tracked with all the other wonderful threads and information :lol:

I will get there in the end :lol:

Thanks for the welcome :)

KuteNurse

Welcome and happy posting! On this forum, there are threads under the makeup/ performance section that have wonderful tips for you. Good luck and I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

KuteNurse

I have enjoyed reading your posts so far sweets! I hope we keep you coming back. Have you taken any lessons yet?

Maria_Aya

heyy welcome !!!
Bellydance is what we all need to relax from the modern society problems and for us the women of today is a great gift in our lives.

Enjoy reading and posting

Maria Aya, Greece:)

sweetescape83

Hi,

I just been doing some dancing at home with a dvd until I start my classes.

I start on Monday 21'st and I can't wait :))

I have a quick question for any1 who could help....

Me and my partner are trying for a baby, is it going to be ok to continue doing belly dancing when I am pregnant? and especially in the first few months?

Thanks to any1 who can help :) xxx

gisela

Super Moderator
I know you already got some good answers in the other thread. About the first few months I think it's better to dance in the beginning and then it's going to get harder and harder. If you stop now and then think you are going to start again four months into he pregnancy I say you will have a hard time. Both because of the break but also because you are heavier and the moves might feel different on the transformed body. Also it might even be too hard on the body after not having done it a while. No expert here though.:)

sweetescape83

I know you already got some good answers in the other thread. About the first few months I think it's better to dance in the beginning and then it's going to get harder and harder. If you stop now and then think you are going to start again four months into he pregnancy I say you will have a hard time. Both because of the break but also because you are heavier and the moves might feel different on the transformed body. Also it might even be too hard on the body after not having done it a while. No expert here though.:)

Thanks Gisela, you have been very helpful hun :)

Next question would be, what sort of costume is going to look best with the bump in place :lol:....but there will be plenty of time to think about that one yet :lol:

Johara

Makeup Tips

Also, Maybe you could try www.tribe.net there is a hair and makeup forum on their with lots of pictures and there are constantly topics discussing different aspects of makeup and hair for performance. I love Tribe! You can find topics about anything related to bellydance on Tribe. Good luck!