The first official Hafla in Estonia

Khaira

Hello dancers,

Im happy to announce that Estonia has just had it's first Hafla!
Me together with two friends and colleques of mine Berit Vill and Sandra Vokk have founded Müstika Maagiline Teater - a theatre for all magical arts (including oriental dance, tribal dance, stage acts, magics, fire jugglery, medieval arts).

And now we finally managed to pull together a Hala, a 4 hour long hafla:)

The best comment I received that evening was: "Oh Khaira, I wish they had oriental music in all Estonian nightclubs!"

Hopefully I can soon upload videos as well:)

Take care,

I'm off to UK to Khaled's festival! And Im very hungry for some workshops:)

Safran

I can brag that I was there, and it was cool indeed... We'll be looking forward to the next one, Khaira ;) !

Safran

Hi Tigris, the next hafla is planned for the 10th of May. And I am sure Khaira can share more details with you when she's back from Khaled's festival (who would ever want to return from Khaled's festival :lol:)...

I'm afraid I won't make it to any of the Finnish events any time soon though :(

Safran

Hey Maariku! Did you perform at the hafla?

Yep, that was the baladi I was working on and talking about on the forum earlier. And now, I don't know if I am excitedly looking forward to the girls from Müstika to get the video of the hafla out or not :rolleyes::lol:

Tigris

Hopefully I could come on 10th...we are planning to come Tallinn anyway soon, well, we come quite often anyway, it´s nice "get-away-for-a-weekend" I just live the oldtown, eating out. Ít´s like being abroad but just 1,5hour from home:D But I have never come to dance-events, maybe I will do that too soon.

Khaira

Hi again!

I will keep You posted on the new Hafla on 10 May.

The review on Egyptian Moonlight Festival is in the Student-instructor section;)

Khaira

Hi,

the next Hafla will be on 10 May at 8pm in Club Marat (Tartu mnt. 63)
The event will last 3 hours, after this the club is opened for everyone else as well, but with hafla tickets everyone can continue with the party.

At 1.00am an oriental dance themed surprise will take place in Club Marat;)

Tickets or hafla ae available soon from Tallinn dance teachers.
For more information do send me a privat-message.

Best wishes,

Khaira