Travelling Round Europe

Sara

Heyas guys,

Me and my friend are going to travel around europe in the summer. We're going to travel on the trains or maybe by car cause she has a car.

I was wondering though if any of you guys could recommend palces to go? We know that we want to travel around as much of Europe as possible, and were thinking more mainland Europe. But we want to see so much and can't decide. So was wondering if you could give us a few idea's about where is really good?

It'd be great if I got to meet a few of yas too! Do some dancing or watch some shows?

Cheers
Sara
x-x-x-x

chryssanthi sahar

Hi Sara.

What about visiting Heidelberg, where I live;)? It is one of the most beautiful and famous German cities (or better to say towns). And if you happen to be around at the first or the third Weekend of July you would be able to watch either my "Oriental Flow" show, which I do with my whole ensemble, or the show I'll do with a part of my ensemble at the Heidelberg Theater Marathon. If you are interested in visiting Heidelberg just p.m. me and let us make sure that we meet:D
Another recommendation of me is to visit Greece;) But since you are going to travel around by car, it is probably a bit too far away.
By the way, I'm planing to visit some friends in London in June. Do you live in London? In case you do, maybe we could meet for a coffee and chat? And maybe you can recommend me some nice BD-shows?

Rana

Ciao Sara,

I think you should definitely visit some cities and little towns in Italy! Sienna, Firenze, Perugia, Lucca, Roma, Napoli, etc... Almost every town breaths charm!

In Belgium there's Antwerp, Gent, Bruges, Leuven (this is where I live) which are very nice to wander around, to shop, to taste some of the live there. If you're here the last weekend of May you can see a show with Aziza (check: www.nuriyya.be).

Paris is also very nice, Barcelona, Porto, Lisboa, Amsterdam, Maastricht, ....

Just enjoy the experiende of discovering the world!!

Zarka

Paris or Strassbourg in France,

Heidelberg, München, Stuttgart (that´s about 60 km from me) in Germany

Rom, Milano, Firenze, Venice in Italy,

Wien or Salzburg in Austria.......

how long do you want to stay in europe?;)

Greets

Zarka

Ranya

If you come to Vienna, why not stop by in Bratislava? It is just 40minutes (max!!!) by train. :D

Sara

Well, we're going around for between 1-3 months. Depending on where we end up and what we end up doing. :D we're leaving end of May/Start of June. We have to get back to Wales for the 18th August in case we have to re-sit any exams or anything. :(

Thanks for all the idea's. I think if we leave on the 29th, we May start at the Aziz show and go from there. :D I'm so excited! I can't wait to meet some of yas, and see all the nice pretty places. I live UK, so our buildings and cities are different so it's all :dance::dance:

Sara

Hey. I dunt live in London. I ant never bin. I do know though that in the last thursday of every month there is a show on at Planet Egypt.

PLANET EGYPT: London's only monthly bellydance showcase

It's supposed to be amazing! :D One of the best shows in London. It's where lots of dancers go and perform from all over. :dance:

I'll have to find yas in Heildelberg! It'll be brill, :D My friend thats going isn't a dancer, but I'm sure when I've taken her to see you guys and shows n stuff she'll be a belly dance nut too. :D

Moon

Wow does your holiday really start in May? Lucky you!
Here summer holidays usually don't start before the end of June.

I agree with the rest, you should definitely visit Paris, Rome, Florence. Naples is also cool, then you can climb the volcano ;)
Also nice: Lisbon, and I heard Prague is very beautiful.

If you decide to stop by the Netherlands too, don't forget to let me, Yshka and the other Dutchies know ;)

Rana

Napoli is a very beautifull city. It's ashame that it is now burried under trash, even toxic trash!

I'm not sure if I will be at the Aziza-show, but I'll try to be!

Another question: has anyone of you ever been to Marocco? Can you give me some tips? I would love to visit Marrakech and other parts of the country.

chryssanthi sahar

Hey. I dunt live in London. I ant never bin. I do know though that in the last thursday of every month there is a show on at Planet Egypt.

PLANET EGYPT: London's only monthly bellydance showcase

It's supposed to be amazing! :D One of the best shows in London. It's where lots of dancers go and perform from all over. :dance:

I'll have to find yas in Heildelberg! It'll be brill, :D My friend thats going isn't a dancer, but I'm sure when I've taken her to see you guys and shows n stuff she'll be a belly dance nut too. :D

Thanks for the recommendation:D I've already heard a lot about Planet Egypt, so I'll try to visit London when some show is going on there.
Please tell me, when you intend to visit Heidelberg, I'll be very glad to meet you. You can p.m. here or at bellydance@chryssanthi.com If you cannot make it to come at the time of one of my bigger shows, then you should visit at least my dance studio and of course you are welcome to visit some classes:D But I hope than you can visit one of the shows, especially the Oriental Flow. It will take place on the 4th and 5th of July (two evenings but same show, so you can choose when you want to come).

Ranya

And what's even better that Prague host it's annual Let's dance festival in the summer with lots of good workshop, mostly bellydance but I guess this summer they will do other styles of dance also.

Adiva

Another question: has anyone of you ever been to Marocco? Can you give me some tips? I would love to visit Marrakech and other parts of the country.

Apparently my post about Morocco was deleted while they were moving the website? Cuz I can't find it anymore, you still have it in email Rana or something?