Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ingrid View Post
    Hello, I've just seen "Babelesque". Since I was intrigued by the music of the bellynesian act I bought the Babelesque soundtrack. However the track on the cd (a traditional polynesian music) is completely different from the one in the show (fast pacing drum music). Does anybody know where I can find the real music of the bellynesian act?

Thanks
    Ingrid
    i think you're probably meaning the fake one - considering that the traditional music is as real as it gets. My opinion (and that's all it is) is that BDSS takes real songs - probably like the traditional song on the cd and has it altered to suit their needs - sometimes the result barely sounds like the original.

I don't know how to help you but good luck finding your music!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eshta amar View Post
    So I am personally in awe at the their professionalism, athleticism and polish.
    I understand why the show is the way it is even if I don't agree with it (the lack of belly dancing).
    That's precisely how i feel about them - and a BDSS-esque troupe here in T'dad. They're amazingly technical and athleticism is the best word i've heard so far to describe it and i respect that because it's not easy to achieve. Belly Dance-wise however they leave me underwhelmed and rather bored at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Is the Show worth the $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    That's precisely how i feel about them - and a BDSS-esque troupe here in T'dad. They're amazingly technical and athleticism is the best word i've heard so far to describe it and i respect that because it's not easy to achieve. Belly Dance-wise however they leave me underwhelmed and rather bored at times.
    my friends and i were considering seeing the show this summer (june in the DC area). the tickets are $100.00 each. i, too have the Paris DVD and i love the polish of the show. is everyone here saying that the NEW show is the SAME OLD show?
    heck, we can stay at home and watch the DVD on a super-screen television!

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FatimaS View Post
    my friends and i were considering seeing the show this summer (june in the DC area). the tickets are $100.00 each.
    Whew, that's expensive!

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

They're charging £25 ($50) for their London shows in October: Bellydance Superstars | Bloomsbury Theatre

I wonder if they're being over-optimistic in putting on five performances?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A'isha Azar View Post
    Yes, I AM particularly hard on the BDSS. I find them NOT to be belly dancers in any meaningful way for the most part, and certainly they are not Superstars either. It all seems like false advertising to me, and their show is sssoooo repetitive, even the first time, what with there seeming to be only two basic choreographies, one for American Oriental and one for Tribal fusion..... Am I wrong here?? Same five or six moves in different combinations for both kinds of dance.
    Regards,
    A'isha
    I absolutely agree! I remember the written fights we had with Miles Copeland here in the forum two years ago and it is absolutely clear that this guy has no idea about authentic Middle Eastern dance anyway, so what kind of show do you expect him to organize?
    But I don't understand that a troupe who is supposed to be soooo professional, performs the same show like at their last tour and wears the same costumes? Not even my students who are just amateurs wear two years on a row the same costumes at our Oriental Flow show and I forbid them to perform the same dances one year later. And of course me as a professional dancer never wear the same costumes at next years shows (and I have at least 5-6 different costumes at every show, because I perform several times) and never never never perform the same dances. There is so much music out there and so many different kinds of belly dance, so why perform exactly the same stuff for years? For me this is an evidence for luck of creativity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12