Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    So any suggetion for music........

What about a drum solo without words, so you do not have to worry about what is being sung in the church.

Post Thanks / Like

the specific day 1 of may for this year according to the catholic church is the day that Jesus went up to the sky (heaven) or i dont know where i dont think so that the drum solo is a good idea but anyhow thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, would suggest something instrumental. Maybe something slow and reverent-sounding? I always feel reverent when I listen to Om Kolthoum.

I don't know of any songs that would pertinent to the ascension of Christ.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I do know some Catholic songs from church. Are you planning on dancing to a Catholic song? Or belly dancing music? A suggestion might be to talk with the priest and ask him what he thinks would be appropriate. I am not certain what music would be suitable because I do not know what the occassion is etc. Good luck and let us know what music you decide.

Here is a link about Ascension of Christ, basically 40 days after his resurection, he ascends into heaven. There is a custom section...Scroll down... I am trying to find more information for you on the ceremony other than I know the candle is extinguished to symbolize Jesus rising into heaven. I think it is important to be careful, because from what I have read, each religion believes slightly different views.

Ascension
    Last edited by KuteNurse; 04-04-2008 at 09:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuteNurse View Post
    I do know some Catholic songs from church. Are you planning on dancing to a Catholic song? Or belly dancing music? A suggestion might be to talk with the priest and ask him what he thinks would be appropriate. I am not certain what music would be suitable because I do not know what the occassion is etc. Good luck and let us know what music you decide.

Here is a link about Ascension of Christ, basically 40 days after his resurection, he ascends into heaven. There is a custom section...Scroll down... I am trying to find more information for you on the ceremony other than I know the candle is extinguished to symbolize Jesus rising into heaven. I think it is important to be careful, because from what I have read, each religion believes slightly different views.

Ascension
    How about dancing to an oud or kanoon taxseem and going for traditional/"folkloric" look rather than anything glamorous?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    So any suggetion for music........
    Well why don't you try some music from the Byzantium period?

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

One more thing I forgot to add...I believe Ascension is considered a time to celebrate in the Catholic Church.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Alexandros; 04-06-2008 at 12:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Zahir View Post
    Well why don't you try some music from the Byzantium period?
    That was my idea also on song from omega vibes called byzantine meditation do you know any other artist or song?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Music suggestion

There is absolutely beautiful song at the end of the movie "Jesus of Montreal". I have no idea what the words are (both my Latin and my French are bad, and it's been years since I saw the film), but maybe you could source it and use that. This is the scene where I think they are in the subway? And I also think it is an a cappella song.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast