Dance in the Church!!!

Alexandros

There is absolutely beautiful song at the end of the movie "Jesus of Montreal". I have no idea what the words are (both my Latin and my French are bad, and it's been years since I saw the film), but maybe you could source it and use that. This is the scene where I think they are in the subway? And I also think it is an a cappella song.

thank you very much dear i ll try to find it and i will tell you!

Alexandros

And and and? How did it go???

So not as i expect it but everyone was satisfied and happy exept me because i was so tired and with a lot of stress.

1. the church was very big and cold i was freezing even that i didnt stop moving until my dance.
2. we make sound check and everything was ok but something happend and the cd player didnt work at the time of my dance.

35 minutes waiting in the cold took me a lot of my energy the priest couldnt help at this point but he helps with the music he tooks his guitar and star playing something that i didnt knew it i called reflection of silence so i dance under that try figure out what comes next.

I thing that next week i will have the fotos so i will post some so you can have an idea about it.

Reen.Blom

Oh a pity it went like that! I hope you enjoyed dancing a little bit??

I'll be waiting to see the pics! What did you wear?

*hug*

Alexandros

As i told you before i was thinking to wear the white wings and in general white but the priest likes the orange one so i was wearing orange.

The truth is that i didnt enjoy dancing i was waiting at least for one minute in front of the people but the music didnt work and thats was a lot of stress for me to wondering why they dont put the music what is going on and things like that.
Have ever be in a similar situations?

Reen.Blom

Geez must have been tough! I have not been in such a situation myself, but I have seen a huge national competition where one very famous dancer started her dance and about 10 second into the song the music died and did not resume, so she got disqualified..... must have been heartbreaking!!!

Weird.... I wonder why orange? I think who would have been awesome!!!

Alexandros

according to the priest that was an explanation to the kinds that
Jesus is like a butterfly​
right after his death he was like a butterfly's cocoon and then he got the wing and he rises up to the sky.

i dont know if you can understand my broken english but that was the reason for the orange colour.

Safran

Ooh, sounds like you had a tough experience. But I am sure you can look back at it and laugh after some time passes.

Kharmine

It sounds like you made the best of of a stressful situation -- good for you!

Last edited:

Mara2

As i told you before i was thinking to wear the white wings and in general white but the priest likes the orange one so i was wearing orange.

The truth is that i didnt enjoy dancing i was waiting at least for one minute in front of the people but the music didnt work and thats was a lot of stress for me to wondering why they dont put the music what is going on and things like that.
Have ever be in a similar situations?

I'm so sorry to hear your performance didn't go as planned. Yes, I've also been in similar situations. We did a fund raiser last year, and were assured there was a cd player...only to find out there wasn't at the last minute. We ended up having to dance to Elvis. lol

I've danced in two churches. One Mormon and the other an evangelistic Church. It's really an honor that we're being asked to dance for Churches, I think. It shows that the art is respected and appreciated. You should pat yourself on the back for a job well done. From the looks of your photos, you were splendid. :)

Shanazel

The effect of the metallic orange against the background of golden light was astonishing! The priest who insisted on orange must've been an artist. Congratulations on dealing with a difficult situation. I'm sure your audience went away dazzled by the performance and will not even recall the technical difficulties.

KuteNurse

Great pictures! Perhaps things didn't go as badly as you thought:) It looked like you were having a great time! Congratulations:)

Alexandros

In our job even if something is not ok the time of the performance we have to act like everything is ok.
It was my first performance in a church so i will always remember it and also it is a very beautiful church and you can see that from the pictures.
The next time it going to be better now that i know

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Wow! the orange looks fabulous and you look like you did a fine job. What a shame about your music, thank goodness the priest had a guitar at least, but that would have been terribly nerve wracking not knowing what was coming next. Congratulations Alexandros. The church looks magnificent!.
~Mosaic

Knitting Jo

wow the photos are amazing. The church looks magnificent.
Pity about your music troubles but at least you got to do some dancing - it would've been terrible if they couldn't find a solution and you had to go home having not danced.

Reen.Blom

I've danced in two churches. One Mormon and the other an evangelistic Church. It's really an honor that we're being asked to dance for Churches, I think. It shows that the art is respected and appreciated. You should pat yourself on the back for a job well done. From the looks of your photos, you were splendid. :)

Agreed and the pictures look stunning! Congratulations!!!!!!!

Alexandros

wow the photos are amazing. The church looks magnificent.
Pity about your music troubles but at least you got to do some dancing - it would've been terrible if they couldn't find a solution and you had to go home having not danced.

I really didnt think of going home without dancing but it was possible.
On the other hand i was in Gods house what worst can happen ? So i thing my angels help me out.