Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from London!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi from London!

I've left little ol' Eugene, Oregon for the bustling city of London.....at least until September. I've only been here for about 2 weeks now, and have just started to get an idea of the dance scene here. Very happy to say that I've booked some performances while I'm here, but I'm very much interested in making some new friends and networking. I'd love to know what the pro scene is like here

Post Thanks / Like

Hello I am a Londoner too!

You've been here for only 2 weeks and you already have performances?? Wow are you famous, or just a very very good dancer?

Where are you performing? I don't see many performances here and only know about ones that my teachers play in!

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I am from the States, but I have seen a few people from the UK here. Good luck with your stay in London!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    Hello I am a Londoner too!

You've been here for only 2 weeks and you already have performances?? Wow are you famous, or just a very very good dancer?

Where are you performing? I don't see many performances here and only know about ones that my teachers play in!
    Hi Louise!
    Ha, I'm not famous..yet
    No, I'm just a really good networker, and I like to think I'm a good dancer, lol! I dance professionally back home, and am trying to keep the momentum going while I'm here. And taking lots of classes, of course.
    I'm dancing at Saqarah Haflah on April 19th, doing some workshops and a show in Belgium at the end of April, and then dancing at Planet Egypt and at the Aziza workshop weekend show in Brussells toward the end of May.
    Of course, the short answer is that I have all this up on my site, and video clips if you want to see what I do

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuteNurse View Post
    I am from the States, but I have seen a few people from the UK here. Good luck with your stay in London!
    thanks! So far I've scene some really good dancers, and I'm happy to see that Oriental style is popular here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razia View Post
    I'm dancing at Saqarah Haflah on April 19th,
    And very happy Eshta & I are to have to dancing for us too

Welcome to London, and I can't wait to see you on the 19th!

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razia View Post
    thanks! So far I've scene some really good dancers, and I'm happy to see that Oriental style is popular here.

I would be curious to find out what percentages of dancers practice and teach each kind of belly dancing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nafiseh View Post
    And very happy Eshta & I are to have to dancing for us too

Welcome to London, and I can't wait to see you on the 19th!
    I know, I'm so freaking excited

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, and welcome, Razia! I recommended Melissa's class to you on tribe.net - I'm currently out of action with an injury but I hope to see you performing, I'll try to make it to Saqarah.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suheir View Post
    Hello, and welcome, Razia! I recommended Melissa's class to you on tribe.net - I'm currently out of action with an injury but I hope to see you performing, I'll try to make it to Saqarah.
    And thank you for the recommendation--I love her classes! She is a wonderful teacher and I love how much correction she offers. Hopefully I'll see you soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast