Hi all

*leila*

I a new here and just wanted to introduce myself, I am about to start classes on Tuesday after wanting to for so long, but unable to fit them in with work and my 2 kids, so am really excited that i finally get to, looking forward to getting to know you all.

Pia

Hi, well done for fitting it in around what sounds like a very busy life.Hope you have a great time

Maria_Aya

Welcome in the wonderful world of bellydance and into orientaldancer net
Enjoy reading, learning, posting and having fun

Maria Aya, Greece :)

*leila*

Thank you so much for the lovely welcomes ladies, this site is such a wealth of knowledge, i have been busy ready past posts lol.

*leila*

another thing to add to your busy schedule:lol:

I know lol.

But i decided this is for me, and i very rarely do anything for myself , so i have to make the time. I have not been this excited in a long time lol

Pia

Well done! I think its great that you have decided to dance and extra great that you have become invloved in this commuity.Good luck for tommorrow

Jahzaal

Welcom Leila

Being a mother of 2. I understand. It's a "Mommy Thing" and believe it or not Mommy needs Mommy time for her to do Mommy Things.:D
I started dancing when my oldest daughter was 2 1/2. She became fond of belly dancing at a young age. She sat there very quietly and watched mommy dance. Lotus (my mentor) would show her dance moves all the time. Now she is a member of The NDC. She only dances with us maybe once a year. (depending on her school grades) We travel so much, it would be too overwhelming for her.
I'm glad you finally did it. Make sure you stick to it. You are going to have so much fun!!!!!!!!:clap:

*leila*

Thank you ladies, i am just about ready to leave, am I OK to wear leggings and a T- shirt, it is just my normal work out gear.

I am so excited i cant wait. Seriously I am like a big kid

karena

yes sounds fine. best if the teacher can see your legs. depends on the culture of the class, some classes have lots of dressing up. mine doesn't and really it helps for getting the moves right if you can see your body properly. if you have anything you can wrap round your hips, that's useful as it accentuates the movement, but you'll be just fine without.

karena

re seeing legs, as in trousers are fine. big skirts aren't so good. you don't need to show your legs in a leotard way :shok: