Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite internet sites or ebay sellers

I know we had a similar thread before but I thought it was a good one, so I'm bringing it back. It's useful for reference too.

What are your favorite internet sites/ebay sellers for costumes and accessories? I know we all have sites that we like to drool over. How about some you don't like or don't recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

I've been drolling over this website lately. I want one of everything!
    http://www.dancingrahana.com/StoreHome1.htm

Post Thanks / Like

My two favorite sites with drool worthy costumes sites are Flying Skirts and Domba.

My favourite site for jewlery is Tribal to the Max, lots of pretty silver things.

But one I would not reccomend at all is Moon Dance Belly Dance... I had bought a few things from there and I wore them once and everything fell apart. The hipscarf lost all its coins right out of the package and the seams in the top I bought ripped apart.
    Last edited by Inanna; 07-07-2006 at 06:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

eww. Yuck. I've ordered a two-tier chiffon circle skirt from them and it's very lovely. Vivid color and overall very lovely. That's too bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Topkapi Designs

They have the biggest and one of the best costume selections I've seen anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had serious issues with Topkapi Designs. Not just one, but multiple orders. I've stopped ordering from her and I wouldn't recommend them. But who knows, maybe it's just me.

Post Thanks / Like

really? I've heard good things about them, never ordered from them though. They have this one costume I want soooo badly. It would be so dissapointing if it doesn't meet my expectations. What problems did you have with them, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

The first time, they sent the wrong costume, but they sent it quickly. I returned it quickly and then I waited....... for twelve weeks for my "real" costume to arrive, even though it was in stock and they could have sent it. Then, I ordered another costume and was sent a bra that was too small. I paid overnight shipping for this and she guaranteed me it would fit. Shipping to have it sent to me was $35.00. Shipping back was $27.00. Then she overnighted another bra to me for another $35.00. Even though she told me she would refund me the money I paid for all of this shipping she "changed her mind" (I'm not even joking here, this was said) and I lost $97.00 in shipping costs and the bra she sent to replace the first bra was too small. I ended up keeping this costume and selling it for less than I paid because I refused to deal with them again. So there you have it. Never again. Ick.

To be fair, I do know of several people who have ordered with no problems and have been satisfied customers, but that was my experience.

Post Thanks / Like

I do have to mention the obvious... my favorite hangout www.dahlal.com. Awsome customer service and top notch quality.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. I have ordered from many costume sites and the worst ever is "Audrena" at Audrena.com. Oh yes, her costumes are gorgeous and fab and the quality is awesome and the price tag is HEAVY...better have the money.......BUT you also better have TIME and lots of it. She will tell you 2 months, but you best count on waiting for 8 months and I'm not joking! I waited 8 months to get my custom costume....when I got it the bra did not fit so I sent back and she told me 2 months....its now been 6 and I STILL DON'T HAVE MY BRA. I just want everyone out there to be aware.

I have also ordered from Topkapki Designs. They are very nice and the service is great, but if you are big busted...DO NOT COUNT ON THE BRAS FITTING YOU. She will tell you that they fit...but believe me when I say they will not! Their costumes are beautiful and not too pricey tho.
    Last edited by Shanazel; 07-28-2006 at 02:30 PM. Reason: two in a row

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast