Hello from Sweden

Deliana

Hey everyone.
I'm Deliana, you can call me Del or Deli, wichever catches your fancy.

I've been lurking here since I started dancing, wich is sine August last year and I haven't signed up until now because.. well. I don't actually know why. ;)

I'm 25, live in Sweden and of the chubbier variety of women. I've allways wanted to learn oriental dances, there's just somethign about the music that makes you want to move. Ever since I was a kid I remember being completly hypnotized by oriental rythms. I live in a fairly small town and there hasn't been anyone teaching here until last year. So I'm into my second set of classes and I'd say I'm doing ok for a white girl ;)

I'm aslo a crafts and sewing addict, wich is perfect when it comes to belly dancing costumes. I am currently making a bra, belt and skirt costume with a "mesh tummy cover" and as soon as I am done with it I will share it with you guys.

This forum has been a great resource for me during this last year and I just wanna say thanks to everyone who contributes but I also want to tell people to lighten up a little, some people seem to take everything a little bit too seriously. Outsiders will allways misunderstand the dance, no matter how correct you are in your performance, of that I am sure. It is important to remember old traditions, but also to not try too hard to stop evolution or you might risk ending up like the old grumpy man in the village complaining about how everything is wrong today and things were better in the olden days. ;)

Anyway I've enjoyed this forum alot and I just figured it was time that I actually joined..

So yeah. Greetings from Sweden. :)

gilda1979

hej Deli

welcome to this forum!!! I'm also living in Sweden (Lund).... Where do you live and with who are you taking belly dance courses???

vi ses

gilda

Deliana

Hi Gilda!
I live in Enköping wich is also where I am taking classes with a really nice teacher names Jenny, I'm not sure I should write her last name, she's not famous enough to be known so I have to take her privacy into account before writing her name in an open forum like this. She comes from Bålsta. We dance mainly egyptian style dance.

I intend to go to the Belly dance festival in Stockholm next month and hope to take some of the classes there as well. Will you go there? I know it's a bit far from Lund, but you never know...

gilda1979

Hej Del!!

yes... I'll go to Stockholm next month, I already booked the hotel, the workshops (Reda, Aida Nour, Tito and more) and bought my train tickets.... I hope see you there... :dance:

vi ses!!!!

Deliana

Oh that is so awesome! I'll let you know if I will be able to go! There's a few details that have to fit properly in my schedule that I'm not sure of yet, but if nothing else, let's hope to meet up there :)

Safran

Welcome to the forum, Del! Looking forward to your posts, especially sewing advices - I am completely hopeless in it. :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
and Hi Del, glad you joined up. Can't wait to see the photos of the costume you are making. I don't have any patience at all for making intricate things very basic quickly finished type of sewing is my sort of sewing.
~Mosaic