Worried about my dance career...

Fire Lily

Does anyone here feel so passionate about their dance, so driven to succeed, and dream about performing that, if for any reason you had to give it up, you'd feel like a major part of you had been destroyed?

My teacher just announced she’s quitting. :mad:

I feel like I’ve lost both my arms and legs guys. :(
I’ve tried every single teacher local to me. And I cant drive, so cant get anywhere else.

Last night i cried myself to sleep.
What the hell am I to do now??? :wall::pray::confused::protest::shok:

Aniseteph

Aaargh, emergency hugs to you! :( :( :(

I don't dream of big success (well OK, but I know it's just daydreams ;)), but I would be in major shock in your situation too. Belly dance is a huge part of my life (OK, obsession) and if I had to quit I'd feel the same way.

Take a deep breath, the "OMG panic what am I going to do?" phase will pass. Focus on what you can do. Maybe some of those other teachers aren't exactly what you need but will do for now, just to keep things ticking over and keep you in touch with the local scene until someone better comes along! There are instructional DVDs - maybe some of your ex-classmates feel the same and you could have an occasional mini hafla to supplement learning from DVDs.

Loads of people here have had the same problem and will be able to offer first hand advice. Your wanting to dance is bigger than your teacher's decision to quit, you will find a way. More hugs.

Reen.Blom

Hey Firelily Hugs to you!

Im in the same boat far from any teachers and cant drive! Maybe you can get in touch with some students and try and have some dance activites together?

janaki

Heya Fire Lily,

A big hug to you. I am sure once you pass the phase of shock you can work things out. Would like to ask what other students from this school gonna do now? If you are so passionate, you should find another teacher and continue your study. If can't drive, can you hitch a ride with any of the other students. Carpooling is a great idea. Until you resolve the problem, watch good instructional dvd's and keep your studies going. Keep us posted pls.

Take care.
Janaki

Fire Lily

Hi everyone

Thankyou. :)
I’m an advanced dancer with over 7 years BD experience and a back ground in ballet from the age of 5.

I was thinking the other night that I should get all of my co-dancers together and create our own troupe and perform…

Any other ideas?

Shamsa

don't worry! with so much experience you can start to perform on your own:clap:
you can make it! good luck to you!:)

Shanazel

Well, fate doesn't often slam a door shut without leaving a window to crawl through. Sounds like you have already discovered at least one window. Have you considered teaching classes yourself?