Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two teachers by default because I take classes twice a week. I really enjoy it because my teachers are both so different. Also, one class is twice the size of the other. So one seems like an actual learning class, and the other is just for group practice.

I can't really say what style I'm learning, because the curriculum teaches a blend of styles. I did a drop-in series for about 4 months and have been taking formal classes since January.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a regular teacher The other teachers in my area are my old dance teacher I spent seven years with, her old students who are my contemporaries, my old students or proteges, and the occasional one-year-wonders. There is only one lady, a 30+ year dancer, in my town who I would take from regularly, but she's only doing ATS private lessons right now. I've tried ATS in the past, but I have no interest in it at the moment.

I go to workshops, take private lessons when I can, and buy a lot of DVDs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lizaj View Post
    ah but my friend and I travel for FREE!!!!! on buses thanks to the new legislation. There are some advantages to being old
    Well I never thought that FREE travel to BD classes would be something to look forward to next year!!

Apart from the dancing holiday to Egypt that is. I have formed the policy of announcing it now loudly to everyone so that they (husband) can get used to the idea now and not object when the time comes round!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have two teachers, one I try to go to each week. The other is slightly more adhoc, they're run almost like mini workshops every few months. They have different styles but I find it blends well for me. I do try and go to as many workshops as I can.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two teachers. My first teacher is actually a student of my second teacher. I started out with the first teacher and then decided to take lessons from HER teacher.

I can forsee some complications in the future... but for now Its working out well.

Post Thanks / Like

Around here, learning from your first teacher's teacher is pretty much the natural order of things. It would be awkward if it ever caused a problem, but I haven't seen that happen locally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by da Sage View Post
    Around here, learning from your first teacher's teacher is pretty much the natural order of things. It would be awkward if it ever caused a problem, but I haven't seen that happen locally.
    Really? Thats pretty cool. I dont know why Im nervous really... Im always nervous about stepping on toes.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one teacher, she is teaching many different styles in connection with raks sharqi. I'm thinking about finding a good tribal teacher because i'm interested in that too.

And of course i have DVD-s for practising at home

Post Thanks / Like

Right now I am in a situation where I only have one regular teacher. But most of the time I have had more than one. THe only problem is, that as Estonia is so small, all my teachers can be traced back to one source, which is my current teacher. So not much difference in technique, but more in style

Post Thanks / Like

I have two teachers.... I have been with one of them since 3 years ago and she has her own style (Raqia Hassan and Suraya Hilal) and with the other one I'm learning egyptian style but she is now in Damascus learning new things but she will be here the next semester...

i'm happy with both of them and I'm learning a lot....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast