Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 teachers now; I only took up the second one recently. Then I usually have at least 1 week of the month where I have 3 classes.
    I like to see dancing from different people's prespectives and and increase my repotoire really.

Post Thanks / Like

Right now, just one. I had two teachers concurrently for about four years, and three concurrently for one year - but have narrowed it down to just the one right now.

I'm seven plus years studying - AmCab here.

Post Thanks / Like

I have only one mentor - Lotus Niraja. She is the dancer who works with me regularly (classes twice a week, rehearsal three times a week), who helps me in private lessons, who guides me and encourages me. However, I consider myself to have many teachers. I learn constantly from every dancer I see, from every DVD I've watched - instructional or performance. I am inspired quite regularly by many different dancers and have incorporated little bits of knowledge from all over the place.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been dancing for a year and a half now, and have had 2 teachers right from the start. Pam and Frieda.
    With us, you pay per 8 weeks, because the beginners course is 8 weeks. Frieda teaches the beginners course, and if you're still interested in learning bellydancing afterwards then Pam and Frieda alternate classes. They both still take classes in the city, Frieda is doing Tribal as well as other styles, whereas Pam is more concentrated on the more "caberet" style.
    Pam has beautiful hands and arms, and Frieda has an awesome flow and presense.
    Sometimes they teach together, with is really nice, because if we're going through a dance, then Frieda will do it with us, while Pam walks around and helps us where she thinks we need it.
    And sometimes Frieda will watch while Pam leads the class as we try out different formations...

(and now I've completely rambled... Hmm.. hope it makes sense!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    I have two teachers. My first teacher is actually a student of my second teacher. I started out with the first teacher and then decided to take lessons from HER teacher.

I can forsee some complications in the future... but for now Its working out well.
    Sort of the same situation for me. I have two teachers. My first teacher taught my second teacher. My second teacher did branch of into other teachers as well so she has different things to offer. I have learned so much wonderfulness (is that a word ) from both of them. What makes it slightly complicated is my second teacher asked me to be a part of her dance company. Eeeek. So far, there has been no drama.

I have currently been taking a lot of workshops which I enjoy. I just had a workshop with Mohamed Shahin... amazing!!!

Tia-Serena

Post Thanks / Like

I just started to take ballet lessons to improve my (arm)movements, so the ballet teacher is my 2nd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I just started to take ballet lessons to improve my (arm)movements, so the ballet teacher is my 2nd
    Letti,

I was thinking about doing that. How is it helping or not helping you?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123