Induction Belly Dancing Class With Free Drink!

teela

Interesting. I took a look at the first one, Anna K and she lists her style as a fusion of a variety of different dance styles. The other states five years in the industry. I'd like to know precisely what that means? vagueness seems to be in vogue now.

KuteNurse

Does this mean I can market myself as a professional dancer after only taking classes for a year? lol (Trust me when I said I am kidding:))

adiemus

I can do fusion - fusion of just on one year of bellydance instruction and some half-forgotten ballet from when I was a lot younger and some slightly more recent-but-not-well-learned salsa and merengue - and I could call it 'international dance' and make ZILLIONS!

Aniseteph

I can do fusion - fusion of just on one year of bellydance instruction and some half-forgotten ballet from when I was a lot younger and some slightly more recent-but-not-well-learned salsa and merengue - and I could call it 'international dance' and make ZILLIONS!

Hey, me too! It isn't just some half-assed fusion though, come on, think marketing! It's a transglobal dance phenomenon that encompasses the life-experience of many women across the world, uniting them in the common fulfillment of... oh I dunno, the fact they turned out not to be Margot Fonteyn after all, and couldn't find a salsa partner who would lead properly, and lurrve all those sequins and dressing up without feeling too old and having to pull their tummies in all the time...

My belly dance marketing skills just gave out. I was on a roll for a moment though ;)

I love "exotic and nonetheless sportive". :dance:

Pia

Hmmm maybe I could invent belly dance-utsu,self defence and performance at once!-Sadly there are people out there who would fall for this stuff.I once saw a salsa-box class advertised

jenc

How can she be one of the most sought after dancers in London if no one has ever heard of her?

karena

An induction is kind of like and introduction. When you start a job or something you have an induction which is where you get told about the employer and stuff like that. I guess they mean it in that way.

On the other hand, doesn't induction also relate to electricity or something. And it fact it is also a way a word for a type of logic used by the good old positivists, so maybe it is a strange electrical fusion (I like it!) or positivist bellydance :lol:

(If the English lang is now driving you mad, ignore the second paragraph. All true but all the more confusing about this crazy language!)

Moon

I only knew the word in contexts like "the induction of the plant's defence system by feeding of herbivorous insects" :think:

karena

I don't even know it in that context :think:, but I think that's my lack of plantology and insectism training :lol:
And I've just remembered it's a type of hob too, but I think that's it's something to do with a way of heat moving.... :think: My science is rubbish.

adiemus

I'm still wondering how I can develop a bellydance self-defense training programme...
'Hah! Stop there or I'll zill you?'
'You boy! Halt or you'll shimmy until your eyeballs fall out'
'Beware: hipscarf in hot pursuit'

I can see it now - self defense: the gentle art of scarf tangling
Hip scarves: how to subdue your oponent with a nonchalant flick of the hip!
I'm sure there's a future in it...