problems with CDs

marob

Hey everyone :)
Soon I will have my first "big" performance. First of all I'd like to get to know all your problems you ever had with CDs, so I can prepare properly(CD not working etc.). Secondly I wonder about how you "mix" your music for performances (usual CDs, not mp3s)?!? Of corse you can just change CDs after one song, but I think it would be less stressful if you just had it all on one CD and if you didn't had to worry (if you just finished dancing) about the next song starting to play.
Thanks a lot in advance :)
marob

Jane

If you have access to a CD burner, put your songs in the order you want and make your CD. Most home computers come with a basic program that will do this. Test it in different types of players, on your computer, in your car, in a boom box, and in a home stereo. If it works in all of these, you are most likely safe for performance.

marob

Hello Jane:)
Thanks for your reply. I will definetly use your advice for my performance. I do have a burner, but usually, if I want to copy a CD which is not an MP3, it just copies th whole CD, where I'd just like to have one or two songs:(

teela

most programs allow you to copy the songs you want. otherwise you might have to make them into mp3 and then onto the disc. I'd recommend you have a back up CD and something like an iPod for an if all else fails because it can be plugged into speakers and used directly.

Safran

I also use Nero for preparing my performance CDs. The program is easy, lets you choose the format you want your music in (not all stereos play mp3). And it will also allow you to predefine the order of songs. So, I suggest to make a separate CD for your performance and then, like Jane said - definitely try playing it in different places to avoid surprises. Good luck with your performance!

marob

I just got iTunes, and it's stonishingly simple :D (nero is also simple but I just coudn't find the option for burning single songs(it seems connected to my PC I get a little confused :lol:) & the playlists are aussum. I will never be able to leave my computer alone again, all this good music, aaaaaah, help)
thanks a lot guys :D

Shanazel

Thank goodness I've got a husband who has a good stereo, CD burners, tape decks, a turn table, and the willingness to record stuff for me, or I wouldn't have access to half my music. :D