"Guess the city" game

Aniseteph

I find it extremely difficult to resist looking at the picture's labels. :redface: My inner nerd is very nosey...

Dev

Ok guys I hope this one will be a bit tough to guess.;)

This is the capital of a country of 20 million.

Last edited:

Dev

I thought I will rejuvenate this abandoned thread.

The above picture .... well I will keep it secret.;)

A new one, what country will be a good enough answer.

Aniseteph

How pretty!

It took me a while to tune my eyes in to the blue, it looked like a weird lighting effect to start with. Do they have an official paint supplier?! :lol: :cool:

Dev

Yes Samira is correct, Its Indias blue city Jodhpur in the western desert state of Rajasthan.

Here is a few more pics.

Shanazel

Wow! It looks like it got washed in the laundry with new blue jeans. I'd love to see it in real life.

Have we had this one?

Dev

Finally got it Shanazel, Its santa fe (NM) , There was a programme on tele tonight about cartoonist /artist Mr. Oliphant , And they showed that old building (No 2) in the begining of the story. So I googled and confirmed my answer.

Last edited:

Shanazel

A prize to Dev for the correct answer to the second post. Now: what is the city in the first post? Here's a hint: it is on the banks of the Mississppi River. Picture hints:

Last edited:

Aniseteph

Natchez?

Wouldn't have had a clue without the second pics, but if it is Natchez I just found the place where the pic of the houses on the bluff was taken on Google Earth... I am such an e-nerd. :rolleyes:

Samira bint Aya

This is the city where I come from.

It is a very provincial capital, but quite a popular tourist destination. Perhaps some of you are familiar??

This old mosque is one of our landmarks. it is called the Janissary mosque.

The lighthouse is also considered quite characteristic of my city. It was built by the Egyptians to resemble a minaret.

My city is also known for its lanes

Last edited:

Aniseteph

Yup, it was Moscow - the building is the Ukraina Hotel. When I went to Moscow I was totally gobsmacked at these huge tall buildings dotted about, they looked like something out of Flash Gordon.

This thread makes me want to go on holiday...

gisela

Super Moderator
Is it Chania? It sure is beautiful! How many people live there? My mom and grandmother went there without me :(

The Moscow tower is wild :shok: