Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello everyone!!!! I'm Filly!

Hello! This is all very new to me! I will be 46 years old tomorrow, and have been telling my husband that I really want to learn to Belly Dance!!!

Of course, he has no issues with that! LOL. I am pretty much a stay at home wife. I retired from outside sales about 5 1/2 years ago, and then I got married! I now do the invoicing for him and his company, so I'm here at home much of the time!

I look forward to reading in here, and learning. I also look forward to getting to know you ladies, and hopefully, gain some online friendships!

I have never tried to Belly Dance in my life, however, I have always been fascinated by it! It's a beautiful art, as far as I'm concerned.

I live in North Texas, and will be on a mission to find a dance studio where they teach Belly Dancing! I told my husband that I'll bet I'll be the oldest student there!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself! Thanks so much to the admins for allowing me to join this forum!

I look forward to getting to know each of you as best I can in here!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Filly!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much Jahzaal!!! I'm really excited! I know that this is all old hat to you ladies, however, Belly Dancing is a new venue I'm aiming toward!!!

Wish me luck in finding a place, please! I know it can also help in toning! I do work out three mornings a week, however...there's just SOME places I know need a bit more attention! LOL

Thanks again for the welcome, and the Happy Birthday! (Thanks, mainly, for not laughing at me for looking into Belly Dancing at such an old age)!

Post Thanks / Like

Filly you will do just fine. That's the one thing I LOVE about this art form. It's blind to race, age, body type, gender, the list goes on. So it took you some years to find it, your here that's all that matters. Enjoy it. Remember to have FUN I am sure you will find a class in no time. There are so many wonderful teachers on this forum that are in your area. Good luck to you

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy birthday! Go for it, welcome to your new addiction!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suheir View Post
    Happy birthday! Go for it, welcome to your new addiction!
    You are so sweet! Thank you!

You know, I have been invoicing for hubby today, but every once in awhile, I peek back in here to do some more reading! To be quite honest...it's kinda greek to me. LOL It's exciting though, I'll tell you that much!

I feel so lost, as y'all are brilliant about this Belly Dancing. I'm gonna learn, and I'm gonna love it, I just know it.

I reckon once I find a place to become a student, I will understand more of the lingo, and the names of the moves. In the meantime, I'll keep reading, and trying to learn.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Filly, and have a happy happy birthday! I wish you good luck with finding a class and I am sure things will start making sense soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Hiya Filly and welcome to the wonderful world of belly dance!

Don't worry about the age thing - lots of us weren't spring chickens when we found belly dance . If you search the forum I'm sure we've had threads about it.

Haha, just you wait with the names of the moves, there is no set terminology so EVERYONE gets confused at some point.

Good luck finding a teacher!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    Hiya Filly and welcome to the wonderful world of belly dance!

Don't worry about the age thing - lots of us weren't spring chickens when we found belly dance . If you search the forum I'm sure we've had threads about it.

Haha, just you wait with the names of the moves, there is no set terminology so EVERYONE gets confused at some point.

Good luck finding a teacher!
    Thank you Aniseteph!!! I've located two studios that aren't too far from my home. Perhaps this weekend, I will get the chance to go by or call. I would love to get this set up asap.

As for the names of the moves, and me getting confused....trust me...I STAY confused. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

its confusing for everyone at first,I'm sure once you start you will find it becomes clearer.Hope you get a chance to check out those studios this weekend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast