Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pia View Post
    its confusing for everyone at first,I'm sure once you start you will find it becomes clearer.Hope you get a chance to check out those studios this weekend.
    Thank you Pia!!! I told hubby that I wanted to try to check them out on Saturday! He's all about it, that's for sure!

He's so dadblasted cute! He's saying that he cannot wait to pick out the little costumes for me to wear! LMBO...as though I'm already a Belly Dancer!

My hips....I'm hoping I'll be able to do like you ladies do. I realize it's gonna take time and much practice, however...I'm willing to do what it takes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Thank you Pia!!! I told hubby that I wanted to try to check them out on Saturday! He's all about it, that's for sure!

He's so dadblasted cute! He's saying that he cannot wait to pick out the little costumes for me to wear! LMBO...as though I'm already a Belly Dancer!

My hips....I'm hoping I'll be able to do like you ladies do. I realize it's gonna take time and much practice, however...I'm willing to do what it takes.
    The guys usually are enthuiastic(wonder why) mine actually managed to buy me a costume at christmas. You'll get the hips and hopefully find it a lot of fun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pia View Post
    The guys usually are enthuiastic(wonder why) mine actually managed to buy me a costume at christmas. You'll get the hips and hopefully find it a lot of fun

Yeah! I wonder why! LOL!!!! Hubby is already excited about the costumes he's gonna find for me!

As for the hips...I've got them already...like I said, I work out a lot...my only fear is, will I be able to shimmy it up like you ladies do? I'm certain it's gonna take a lot of work...I'm up for the task though!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maariku View Post
    Welcome Filly, and have a happy happy birthday! I wish you good luck with finding a class and I am sure things will start making sense soon.

I must have missed this post by mistake. I'm sorry!!!

Thank you so much maariku! Yep, today is the day I turned the big 46! LOL.

I'll be looking this Saturday for a place to take classes! I'm looking forward to learning the lingo too, so that I can know what y'all are talking about when I read throughout this board!

Post Thanks / Like

If you are living in Northern Texas, Austin might be too far from you. Any way they have things happening there. Next big one is in June. I will be coming. If you are strting your classes now, the classes might be too difficult, but watching shows and seeing other dancers will be great!

"Belly Dance with BAHAIA"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Outi View Post
    If you are living in Northern Texas, Austin might be too far from you. Any way they have things happening there. Next big one is in June. I will be coming. If you are strting your classes now, the classes might be too difficult, but watching shows and seeing other dancers will be great!

"Belly Dance with BAHAIA"
    Wow, thank you for the link! I read through it, and it seems like a wonderful place!!! Austin is about 4 1/2 hours from me though.

I have located a studio that's about 45 minutes from me, and I hope to check it out this Saturday!!!

You are correct, watching shows and seeing others dance is an awesome thing to do. Perhaps I could even find some DVD's to purchase, and watch them.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome and Happy birthday!

I hope you get to class real soon! Also you might want to consider getting a beginners DVD for home practice... I simply LOOVE Jenna's Basics and Beyond as she breaks down moves realy clearly, it is helpful if you practice at home(as I do) or as a after class practice, to understand the mechanics of the moves better or just drill the stuff learnt in class! I recommend Jenna's site and Salome's store both offer excellent service(I cant stop bragging about my signed DVD from Jenna's site!)

In this thread you can read up more on DVD's. Also most DVDs in Salome's store have links to youTube so that you can preview!
    http://www.bellydanceforums.net/inst...-you-have.html

Happy posting and Happy dancing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reen.Blom View Post
    Welcome and Happy birthday!

I hope you get to class real soon! Also you might want to consider getting a beginners DVD for home practice... I simply LOOVE Jenna's Basics and Beyond as she breaks down moves realy clearly, it is helpful if you practice at home(as I do) or as a after class practice, to understand the mechanics of the moves better or just drill the stuff learnt in class! I recommend Jenna's site and Salome's store both offer excellent service(I cant stop bragging about my signed DVD from Jenna's site!)

In this thread you can read up more on DVD's. Also most DVDs in Salome's store have links to youTube so that you can preview!
    http://www.bellydanceforums.net/inst...-you-have.html

Happy posting and Happy dancing!
    Thanks so much!!! I'm gonna print this post off! Like I said on one of these threads, I'm gonna try to check the places out this Saturday! I want to sign up for lessens asap!

I do believe I'll take your advice, and look for the DVDs! I have plenty of time at certain times of the week to watch and learn. It would be a great thing for me to do when hubby is working on his schedules for the next day!

Heck, he may even enjoy watching me learn! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome in this wonderfull forum !!!! and in the wonderfull world of oriental dance
    Enjoy reading and posting

Maria Aya, Greece

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome Filly

Welcome Filly,
    Your Excitement is Contagious!!!! You seem lot's of Fun. You will fit in to any Bellydance class anywhere!!! They will love to have you.
    In my Class probably 60% of my Ladies are 40 & over.
    They absolutely Love It!!! And are finding they are more flexible & toned now than they have ever been! I think as we grow older it's important to find something that keeps us limber. And Belly Dance certainly does that.
    The costumes and the make up make you feel Stunningly Beautiful.
    Everything about this dance compliments us as females, no matter what age we are.
    Have fun with your dancing. I have been dancing for about 11 years, and am still learning lot's of different techniques, choreography's etc...
    With this dance its amazing as there is always something new to Discover!!
    And you've discovered Belly Dance when it's been time for you to discover it, no earlier and no later. I believe this passion only comes to us when we are ready for it. Enjoy!!!!!!!!
    Smiles to you.
    Lotus Dancer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast