I have a request, if you don't mind.

Filly

So have you looked at any DVDs yet?( Im the one who is outta class stuck with DVDs :) )

:(I haven't gotten to yet! I was planning on going out today, however, hubby has our guys working...and Monday is one of the cutoff days for invoicing, and I'm doing some work here so that it's all ready to go come Monday.

Hubby is taking me out for my birthday dinner tonight (Red Lobster), and he said that if we don't get to go by the store to look for the DVD beforehand, we will do it tomorrow when we go grocery shopping!!!

Reen.Blom

:(I haven't gotten to yet! I was planning on going out today, however, hubby has our guys working...and Monday is one of the cutoff days for invoicing, and I'm doing some work here so that it's all ready to go come Monday.

Hubby is taking me out for my birthday dinner tonight (Red Lobster), and he said that if we don't get to go by the store to look for the DVD beforehand, we will do it tomorrow when we go grocery shopping!!!

*singing* Happy Birthday to you! :)

I order mine from internet...lol I find that local stores normally dont have wide selection and my best DVDs come from internet and my 'flops' from local stores- I bought them out of desperation...LOL Like Rania and the Belly Twins.... Also Neon Instant Bellydancer and not all that instant...lol

Let us know!

PS hint to your husband that DVDs can be part of bday present....LOL

Pia

*singing* Happy Birthday to you! :)

I order mine from internet...lol I find that local stores normally dont have wide selection and my best DVDs come from internet and my 'flops' from local stores- I bought them out of desperation...LOL Like Rania and the Belly Twins.... Also Neon Instant Bellydancer and not all that instant...lol

Let us know!

PS hint to your husband that DVDs can be part of bday present....LOL

Internet is always best(i love belly dance superstars dvds) and I think that hinting would be a very good idea;). Happy birthday Filly

Reen.Blom

Hi Reen Blom Whereabouts in the Uk are you now?

Hi jenc Im in Newmarket, Suffolk! Yippy for horseraces...LOL ( well suppose that's the BIGGEST attraction of this place...lol) But no bellydance classes in town... Ay ay ayaay!:confused:

Kashmir

I will be finding a studio to take Belly Dancing lessons, and now...I'm a bit overwhelmed.

I had no idea that there were different syles and types of Belly Dance.

<snip>

Would you please take a moment, and tell me how you got into the Belly Dance....what your favorite style of dance is, and the meaning/place it originated?

Welcome to the dance Filly. If you are just starting the style you choose is not a big issue - most styles have the same underlying technique. It is important however to pick a teacher who can teach you those basics.

Later I'd suggest you buy a range of performance videos (not just browse YouTube) and get a feel for the different styles and see which one calls to you.

Me, I have a love for beledi and folklore and I've been lucky to have been able to study with a number of Egyptian teachers. I also do some general "belly dance" - but it tends to still look a little Egyptian beledi. Occasionally I challenge myself to work on Orientale - but my heart isn't in it.

For me the links to the Middle Eastern culture is very, very important so I eshew the various styles of ATS and Tribal.

Jane

Would you please take a moment, and tell me how you got into the Belly Dance....what your favorite style of dance is, and the meaning/place it originated?

I was dragged to my first class by a friend. I went to get her to shut up and leave me alone! That was in 1996. I'm still here ;)

My favorite styles vary. One week I'm into American Cabaret, next week it's Turkish, next week it might be Raks Sharki or Baladi. It depends on my mood and if there's a specific song I'm into. American Tribal doesn't do anything for me, but I never say never!