Your training

Mihrimah Ghaziya

Hello everybody!

I would like to know what you are doing (apart from dancing) to keep yourself fit.
I am a bit lazy I have to confess.
There was a time where I used to make everyday the workout of Rachel Brice and some additionnal gymnastics, in oder to gain more strength and flexibility in the dance.

But I hate jogging for example, although I guess that, if I want to stay fit, I have to go through?

What are you doing then ?

Mihrimah Ghaziya:)

Moon

Hi, I'm very lazy too :) I used to do "almost nothing" for a few years.
Now I have my weekly bellydance classes and I go to the swimmingpool almost every week (though sometimes it's very hard to motivate myself for the latter). From September on, I'd like to do yoga and ballroomdance too.

I think it's ok to stay fit by dancing and some additional gymnastics. I don't think jogging is necessary (I hate that too ;)) Jogging makes you fit but I doubt if it'll make you more flexible.

miss_shimmy

hi there

I think we all get lazy sometimes,and hey dance is so addictive its hard to want to do anything else!:)

I do dance each day,super callanetics twice a week.

hugs and smiles

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

Shanazel

I walk in hills four miles a day at least five days a week. Lately I have been battling a problem with my left foot and have had to take a couple of days off in a row- makes me grouchy to not get my regular walk. If I take off more than a couple of days, my family hands me my shoes and shoves me out the front door.

Yshka

Shanazel said:
If I take off more than a couple of days, my family hands me my shoes and shoves me out the front door.

:D :D :D :D

I'd like to start doing yoga as well for extra flexibility, I try to go jogging 2 times a week for some extra cardio (big demotivation in that department but usually I still go, thank God/Allah for MP3 players lol), then there's 4 hours (from september on maybe even more) in dance class and extra home practise, between 1/2 hour and 1 hour a day.

Lydia

your training

i am lucky i love to work out ! so no lazy day,s...beside my shows and teaching i go snorkling . i teach my self defenceclasses also train for myself to become 3 dan one day lol...the beach in the UAE is great lots of fish corals and its 5 minutes from my home...so if you feel bored ,most welcome to come and try this...lydia

miss_shimmy

hi

I hear you Lydia,I went one day without excercising,it was awful,I realy do enjoy excercising too,its wonderful.

I recently added a little yoga that I practise at the end of my dancing to cool and stretch down,I realy enjoy that.

wishing you all the best

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

Lydia

your training

yes yes shimmmiiiii away its great,even when you dont feel like it just push yourself after just 2 minutes, you feel better and you will feel you wanto push more! or did i became a ,,move freak,,? sometime,s people tell me this is not healthy what you are doing that is nerveus energy!! i dont know what it means i just feel great doing it so let it be whatever its called i love it!! so please miss shimmy keep it up at least i am not alone !! lol have a great day

miss_shimmy

:)

Its funny you know,I get lost in my shimmy,sometimes I just shimmy whilst practising nice slow and sweet arms.:) I feel it rids,shakes off any bad energy.

hey Lydia maybe I can come over and have a shimmy session:)

hugs and smiles

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

gwinity

You girls are making me feel terribly lazy and unfit! I work and commute long hours, so I find it hard, if not impossible, to do any workouts before/after work. But I have ditched the car and walk to/from the train station every day (I'm forever belly-rolling on the train and at work), and try and do yoga and lift weights a few times a week.

I need to keep exercise down to low-impact stuff because of a knee injury (and excessive boobage), so the most vigorous I get outside of dance class is shimmying while doing housework!!

zahra

I have been doing a walking program and Nia classes.

In the Fall, I'll add some yoga and pilates.

I really like different workouts to keep it interesting :)

Nia= www.nianow.com