Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Keeping in time will happen eventually-probably when you are thinking about something else.

Post Thanks / Like

The keeping in time will come. I just immerse myself in the music and find the beat.

Post Thanks / Like

Like everyone else says, practice, practice. Your teacher will help you find muscles you didn't even know you had (then STRETCH them farther than you thought possible!) - see if you can re-find them at home. Like others have said, little tricks like shoulder shimmies at stoplights, shimmy while you talk on the phone, etc, etc. helps a LOT!

Try to teach a new move to your SO, or a friend, or even the dog - verbalizing the movement will anchor it in your brain.

But also, don't forget to relax and have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Like everyone else says, practice, practice. Your teacher will help you find muscles you didn't even know you had (then STRETCH them farther than you thought possible!) - see if you can re-find them at home. Like others have said, little tricks like shoulder shimmies at stoplights, shimmy while you talk on the phone, etc, etc. helps a LOT!

Try to teach a new move to your SO, or a friend, or even the dog - verbalizing the movement will anchor it in your brain.

But also, don't forget to relax and have fun!
    Relax and have fun is the best advice anyone can give-my teacher has told me that I dance better when I forget about trying to get it right and enjoy my self. I would say that this is true for everyone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12