Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Not yet.. but I need to. I have another solo coming up and need all the practise I can get!

Post Thanks / Like

Default did you dance today

yes madam. i did allready and go again later to school do choreo with 3 of my new girls for a big show in september 16....poor girls are not sleeping from now!!lol lydia

Post Thanks / Like

Default hey all!!

Not yet, but I think I'll take some time to dance this evening. My husband is going for a few drinks with collegues so I'll have the house all for myself until quite late I think I'll start by sewing the harem pants and top I want to wear for my next classes and then I'll try them out by dancing a bit in them
    how did it go miryam?

rehearsing for my big show
    wow Gia,best of luck,how exiting!

But I always dance in mind and create millions of choreographies per day in the car... Does that count ??
    of course that counts!!I dance on some amazing stages in my mind.

well, now I've danced I'm quite proud of myself, considering I couldn't sleep at all last night.
    ah well done moon,i know how that is,i have been simular myself.

Which song do you girls just HAVE to dance to when practising??
    i have to warm up with ya keibi ,its so beautiful!

I have another solo coming up
    ooh good luck with that mouse,you will shine.

poor girls are not sleeping from now!!lol lydia
    LOL!!well,the best of luck with that.

I am going to do some improvisation today,see where the music takes me,
    how about you?

love and smiles

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, flew home from Hilo Hawaii today...man I hate flying.

Ever feel like you're fighting against a tidal wave? That's how I feel about Hawaii...don't WANT to live there, but since hubby now works there three weeks out of every month it's feeling sort of inevitable at this point....and yeah, I know many of you are saying "WHAT???? She doesn't want to live there??? What's wrong with her???" but it's just that there's no dance scene there on the Big Island that I know of and I wanted to get my doctorate which I can't do there either.

On the plus side, it IS beautiful, the people seem nice, and it's a small town which I really prefer.

OK, thread hijack done now :o

Post Thanks / Like

Default hi

sahad,whatever you feel..just dance it

hugs and smiles

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

I think I will dance today too, but my muscles are sore from dancing every day of last week so I think I need a very good warmup

Miss Shimmy, Who is the artist to Ya Keibi?

Post Thanks / Like

Default hi :)

Yshka,

the artist is Souad Massi. I wish I could play the song to you,it is so beautiful.

sounds like your muscles have been working hard this week!

I had a dance this morning,realy enjoyed my warm up routine,then danced with my cane,a little without,and then cooled down with a little gentle yoga.

feeling refreshed and replenished

how was your dancing today?

my back bends are coming along nicely,bellyrolls still need more patience and time.

love and smiles

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Not yet... and I didn't dance yesterday, too! I hope I will have at least 30 minutes to dance this evening because I feel a little in fault...but I have so many thing to do and I'm very tired in these days ... but I bet that if I'll find some time to dance I will feel better!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

Yep, I got my dancing in today and had a great time!

I´ve also been screening some new and old CD´s to use for teaching my classes, so it´s been a relaxing day, but complete since I could enjoy both dance and music without other obligations.

Have a great weekend!

Saludos,
    Tenica

Post Thanks / Like

Miss Shimmy, now that you mention Souad Massi, I had a class with someone a while ago who had a Souad Massi cd for warmup. I'll try and find the song

For bellyrolls I'm trying to get the upper part of my belly to really stand out when I roll. The roll itself is going well but that upper muscle needs some training. I'm currently trying to learn a bellyflutter, but it's so hard !!!

I warmed up very thorougly and afterwards my muscles felt better already, I then danced for about 45 mins working on my new baladi choreo, then cooled down also very well and took a shower. I feel great now lol

Leyla, I think you will feel better too. I'm a very busy person at the moment and my studies will begin from next week on so I'll be even busier, but I feel that if I take some time to dance everyday I get less stressed out

Dance practise with my troupe again tomorrow! Will you girls be dancing tomorrow?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast