Cairo

Raven

Hi,

Does anyone here live in Cairo or know anything about travelling there? I may be in Dubai this fall and would love to add Cairo to my itinerary, but I have had a few people here suggest that it isn't a safe area right now. Not sure that I agree or that it would change my mind, but I am curious if anyone has any information.

Thanks so much!

Salome

Administrator
Actually many people on this forum travel to Cairo and there are a couple of Cairo residents :) So you may get some good feedback.

Maria_Aya

Welcome in this wonderfull forum !!!
I'm from Greece and live in Athens, travel often to London also.
But traveling more often in Cairo (every 2 months) make me feel being at the safest place !!! special for a woman.
I can walk out at night at 3 am and have no problem (something that cant do at London or Athens) people flirt you all the time, but dont bother you more.
Now for the terrost fear, there is all over the world.

Maria Aya, Athens Greece

Caroline_afifi

Hi,

Does anyone here live in Cairo or know anything about travelling there? I may be in Dubai this fall and would love to add Cairo to my itinerary, but I have had a few people here suggest that it isn't a safe area right now. Not sure that I agree or that it would change my mind, but I am curious if anyone has any information.

Thanks so much!

Hi Raven,
I am a 'part-time' resident of Cairo. It is safe enough. there have been some problems politically but nothing to worry about. I was there last month during the days of strikes and all was ok. I am back again at the end of the month.
Of course keep an eye on the news for changes but I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Raven

Welcome in this wonderfull forum !!!
I'm from Greece and live in Athens, travel often to London also.
But traveling more often in Cairo (every 2 months) make me feel being at the safest place !!! special for a woman.
I can walk out at night at 3 am and have no problem (something that cant do at London or Athens) people flirt you all the time, but dont bother you more.
Now for the terrost fear, there is all over the world.

Maria Aya, Athens Greece

I hope you don't mind that I am replying to all in one email. Is that ok to do?

Thank you all for your replies regarding Cairo. I appreciate your help. Next I will be asking you what I should see/do while there! :lol:

Has anyone been to Dubai? It must be an amazing place. Both cities would definitely be a great place to see some belly dancing. I was in Athens a year ago, but didn't have time to seek out any dance. I really enjoyed it there and would definitely plan my itinerary a little different next time.

Thanks again everyone.