Hi! Unlurking reader!

Saqra

Hi there! I'm Saqra from Seattle, WA, USA. I've been around for a long time off and on on this list visiting and reading but not commenting, then finally joined a while back. Now finally introducing myself because something made me open my big mouth and comment.

This is my 31st year in this dance form, I do teach internationally, travel a lot, have a dance studio and an instructional DVD series and a band and sponsor events and all that stuff.

Generally I'm into dance education, tolerance of others and playing nice.

I do speak my mind (which gets me in trouble) but if you ever need help I'm a good person to have in your corner because I do tend to defend my friends to the death. <grin>

I am also always looking for people coming into my area (Seattle, WA and Portland, OR) to feature as instructors or invite to things as dancers and am always interested in networking & trades.

And if you ever decide to create an event you are welcome to contact me and I will tell you absolutely everything I know... because I believe in being as free as I can be with anything I know.

I have put on at least one of everything known to dance kind. From retreats to competitions to festivals to show events. From restaurant booking to being a house dancer.

To editing a magazine... to maintaining a massive web site... to getting spots out of silk. If I can be of help in any small way please just ask.

I look forward to meeting new people and probably annoying them with pesky questions and opinions of my own.

I also have a terrific husband and 3 African Grey parrots.

And that is just about it about me, I think.

~Saqra

sedoniaraqs

Hi Saqra!

I remember you from the MED list, and here are some interesting random factoids:

Eleven or so years ago I bought my first belly dance video from one of my first teachers (Zahirah in SLC) and you were on it. It was a show with Rhea, Tina Sargent, and Zahirah also, and you wore silver bedlah with really long fringe and black harem pants. It was a lovely performance, and one of the first drum solos featuring pop and lock type movements I had seen. I thought it was really cool.:cool:

Several years later, I sold that video on ebay so that I could buy some other videos to study. It sold for $80!! That was right on the cusp before nice quality videos began to be so plentiful.

welcome to the forum,

Sedonia

Hi there! I'm Saqra from Seattle, WA, USA. I've been around for a long time off and on on this list visiting and reading but not commenting, then finally joined a while back. Now finally introducing myself because something made me open my big mouth and comment.

This is my 31st year in this dance form, I do teach internationally, travel a lot, have a dance studio and an instructional DVD series and a band and sponsor events and all that stuff.

Generally I'm into dance education, tolerance of others and playing nice.

I do speak my mind (which gets me in trouble) but if you ever need help I'm a good person to have in your corner because I do tend to defend my friends to the death. <grin>

I am also always looking for people coming into my area (Seattle, WA and Portland, OR) to feature as instructors or invite to things as dancers and am always interested in networking & trades.

And if you ever decide to create an event you are welcome to contact me and I will tell you absolutely everything I know... because I believe in being as free as I can be with anything I know.

I have put on at least one of everything known to dance kind. From retreats to competitions to festivals to show events. From restaurant booking to being a house dancer.

To editing a magazine... to maintaining a massive web site... to getting spots out of silk. If I can be of help in any small way please just ask.

I look forward to meeting new people and probably annoying them with pesky questions and opinions of my own.

I also have a terrific husband and 3 African Grey parrots.

And that is just about it about me, I think.

~Saqra

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Saqra.... Hmmmm.... The name *does* sound familiar...

Welcome to the forums!

{aside to everyone else: Saqra was kind enough to invite lil ole *me* to dance in one of her shows. I was very flattered - and I LOVED dancing to her band!}

Maria_Aya

Welcome in this wonderful forum :)
We would be glad to share your long time knowledge with us:)
Maria Aya, Greece :)

Reen.Blom

Welcome to the forums! And happy posting!

PS how old are your parrots and can they talk? I know one Af Gray that lived over 65 years and he would talk and laugh and whistle to the dogs and ring like a telephone...LOL

Safran

Welcome to the forum, Saqra! Sounds like you'll be a wonderful asset to the discussions here - can't wait to read your posts!

Saqra

Off topic parrots

My two Timneh greys are each about 21 and my Congo grey about 13 or so. Pretty young birds as these kinds of parrots go.

And they can soooooooo talk! As I type this a Congo and the first Timneh are having an actual discussion by name about whether the second Timneh should "Shhhhhhhhh" because the second Timneh is whistling loudly.
The Congo has started trying to interrupt the loudmouth with "Hellooooooo!"
The first Timneh is yelling "Hey! Hey! No!"
Then we get "Come here!"
"No!"
"Well, see ya later!"
Then a sudden silence followed by the Congo commanding: "SAQRA! PEANUT!"

Welcome to the forums! And happy posting!

PS how old are your parrots and can they talk? I know one Af Gray that lived over 65 years and he would talk and laugh and whistle to the dogs and ring like a telephone...LOL

Saqra

Zorba was absolutely power in a flame costume. I was delighted you could come!
Saqra.... Hmmmm.... The name *does* sound familiar...

Welcome to the forums!

{aside to everyone else: Saqra was kind enough to invite lil ole *me* to dance in one of her shows. I was very flattered - and I LOVED dancing to her band!}

teela

Just want to say that I've gotten to take workshops from Saqra this past October when she was up in Fairbanks, AK (I was the stage manager). I heard you'll be up here next summer. I just want to say you are awesome and i learned alot from your workshops.