Just thoughts and feelings...

Maria_Aya

Ok ... this is gonna be wierd...
I never had a diary but now i'm all alone and feel so many things and have so many thoughts that will write them here.. just feel like taking them out of me.
They will be unrelative.

Today my sweet 18 year old daughter is giving first day exams to pass to the university. Just realized that i'm a total silly mom since I left her at the exam center and drove back and my eyes was crying all the time lol
I remember her just being 2 year old climping on trees and now she is going for architecture university. And what hits me is that I recall like being today the day that I was giving exams for the university !!! 20 years ago.
Inside me I feel like a young person and not almost 40 years old, is this normal?

Yesterday I got a phone call from my family at my village that one of my best friends in highschool same age with me Emmy, gave birth 2 days ago to a baby girl, but after that she is brain dead, and today they will give body parts (dont know the english term) for other people to live with health problems. My thought is with her, her family, as she was married first time young, have 2 kids 15 and 16 and now got remarried and wanted another kid with her new husband.... I opened our school diaries and read what she had written to me back at 1982.... and her dreams for her life, etc...

2 weeks ago we had a great show for the world bellydance day.
The Egyptian Embassy hired my school to perform on last Saturday at the "Gala of all world Embassies" held at British Athens College and we were the hit of the night !! we did Beduine, Saidi, Haggala and Ghawazee.
It was funny as we were at the Egypt stand with the egypt flags dressed as Beduines and people from all the world were coming to take photo's with us the beduines !!! We got the best compliments from the Egyptian Ambassador as representing the Egyptian Culture in the best way, and for me felt that it was like a recognition.
This Saturday is the Pan-african festival in Athens, where all African countries compete in a dance contest, and again we are gonna dance for Egypt with a smaller version of our Musical just one hour.
Reharshals are killing me, and us, as all this is a group work.
We will have around 10.000 audience and I feel like no sleeping from being anxience.

Same time with all these, i'm loosing students from my studio as they realize that i'm not promoting or working with night clubs. Seems that they wanted a connection and right now realized that many schools co-operate with night clubs. I just feel sad....

I miss my husband as he is 1 month away for business at Cyprus and Crete and cant wait for him to come back, when things importand happen we feel the need to share them with our other half... and dont want to think the minute the phone bill will come lol

The last weeks partly because of much work i dont write much in orientaldancer, but also partly because i'm bored of all the fightings, i know that other people are also feeling the same with me. I understand that we have different points of view but when 50% of the posts (and interesting ones) become like word battles i just cant read them.

I'm wondering how can someone keep the balance between art and having a business, seems lately that i'm kind of loosing it. We are doing so many good events as a studio, but same time have so many expences for costumes right settings etc, that we are left with the fame lol. I have to look for sponsors, maybe this is the solution?

Also lost 8 kilos with all rehearshals etc (i think it is something like 16 pounds) that was needed and have more to lose :)

Aaa and last, this Sunday we are having a show dedicated to Greek Chifteteli.
In co-operation with the group of Smyrni and Poli dancers (Izmir - Istanbul) that was greek and came from these parts we are doing a university study over the dances of 1910 to 1940 in Greece presending group, line dances and solo's from that era.

I'm left back on posting photo's and video's from show's have done 3 different show's that havent uploaded anything.

Finaly... next week we will have a site !!!!!!!!!
A great computer graphist artist and tribal dancer Erifily Nikolakopoulou from greece is making it for us !!!

Oufffffffff
I took it all out of me, and feel like made a confension lol
Isnt this just one of the most beautifull and wierd things in internet?

Have a great, creative, sunny, dancing day all

Love
Maria Aya, Athens Greece

Shanazel

Ah, Maria, I am so sorry about your friend. What a hard thing.

Forty is not old, my dear. I am fifty three, and a friend who is ninety-two recently informed me that I am "just a baby." It is my ambition to live long enough to be able to repeat the words uttered by another friend on the occasion of his 84th birthday: "God, I miss my seventies!" Baby or not, it is always something of a shock to catch sight of myself in a mirror- who made off with my real body and left me with this one, I'd like to know? And at some point in time, my sweet dimpled baby boy turned into a tall bearded young man who is graduating from high school on Friday, good lord willing and the creeks don't rise. I fully expect to cry all the way through the ceremony.

Hugs across the waves and time zones to you, dear Saint-Sin. You are not alone.

Shanazel

Safran

Dear Maria, looks like you've been hit by an unfortunate coincidence of the spring blues and some difficult news... I do feel sorry for your friend, she must have been a wonderful person.

But apart from that, seems your life is going fine. I just guess that as you are working so much, you just can't enjoy it all to the fullest. Summer is right at the door - perfect time for taking a break and then starting off with a fresh mind. I also stick to the advice I've given to you before - delegate. I am sure you have people who would love to help you out at the studio. Also, someone who could take a look at your finances and help you plan things better money-wise.

Oh, and last idea - to speak with your husband when he is away - get Skype. Will work wonders on your phonebill.

Hugs, keep strong but also do take care of yourself!

gypsy8522

Hi Maria Aya,

Wow, I bet it felt good to get all of that off your chest, and what better place to do it than > this forum :lol:

Here's a video for you :) Hope things get better on your side.

Gypsy

Maria_Aya

OMG !!!!
Thank you all, but dear Gypsy !!!! OMG this video is too much to be true lol
I forgot all my problems !!!
Dont know the singer/dancer probably greek-egyptian, starts with good intentions and written in Greek "eternal greek-egypt friendship" but after omg, it use one of the most kitch greek songs lol and after it turn it to arabic !! I'm sending this to all my students !!! its gonna be the video of the week !!!
Alf Shukran all !!!!

Caroline_afifi

Gypsy,
you are the queen of videos and it looks that this one hit the right spot!

Maria, I am glad this lifted you. It sounds like you have a lot to deal with right now.
You are a 'victim' of your own success but when it is all over, you will be the Queen of your own success and feel very proud of what you have achieved for yourself, and all the wonderful opportunities you have created for others.

A big kiss and hug :D

gypsy8522

OMG !!!!
Thank you all, but dear Gypsy !!!! OMG this video is too much to be true lol
I forgot all my problems !!!
Dont know the singer/dancer probably greek-egyptian, starts with good intentions and written in Greek "eternal greek-egypt friendship" but after omg, it use one of the most kitch greek songs lol and after it turn it to arabic !! I'm sending this to all my students !!! its gonna be the video of the week !!!
Alf Shukran all !!!!

I knew you were going to love it, just don't get a heart attack now :lol:
I'm glad you feel better now.

@the singer, her name is Simone. She's also an actress(not a dancer) and she's Egyptian.

Aisha Azar

Aya!!

Dearest, Aya,
May you be under the protection of the Highest Good in all the universes!!
I hope our good wishes and Gypsy's great video have lightened your heart.
Love,
A'isha