Hello Everybody

enisa

Hi Everybody!

You have really great discussions going on here. :clap:
I guess I'm not a really a talkative person (on- and off-line) so I've been lurking for a while. But I think it's only fair to introduce myself (also, I might have some questions that you can help me with your insights ;)

So here it goes: My name is Enisa, I've been bellydancing for 8 years now. I'm from Belgrade, Serbia and that's where I currently spend most of my time, because I teach a beginners class here. I used to live for years in Hungary and I travel there often, both because of dancing and my "other job" (as a translator).

I'm a big fan of classic Egyptian oriental, but I don't strive for a pure Egyptian style when I dance. Big part of what started me on this bellydancing journey was the kind of bellydance-like social dancing you have here in Serbia and I can't quite shake off the accent :)

I like to learn about the cultural background that goes into a "style", but when I dance, when I prepare for performance, I just pick a music that inspires me (and fits the occasion) and do my best with that.

Ok, now you're thinking: how much she would write if she was talkative :lol:

Best wishes to everybody

Maria_Aya

Ahlan wa Sahlan !!!
I'm also in love with Egyptian Dance !!!
Many kisses and welcome from Athens Greece !!!
And good luck for the Eurovision.

Maria Aya, Athens:D

gisela

Super Moderator
Ok, now you're thinking: how much she would write if she was talkative :lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

you are funny!
Welcome!
Right now I'm watching Eurovision song contest from your city. It's quite fun.

Oh, and I loooove serbian music. Boban Markovic and... who else... the name is escaping me right now.

enisa

Thank you for the greeting and nice to meet you all.

Oh, and I loooove serbian music. Boban Markovic and... who else... the name is escaping me right now.

Maybe, it's Goran Bregovic, I think he is quite popular abroad.

As for the Eurovision, we already had good luck with it, beacuse the city gets scrubbed clean and repaired :)

enisa

Hello everybody, thanks for welcoming me. Nice to meet you all.

@Serkan: Would that be Delcevo in Macedonia (or maybe I'm confusing it with an other place)? Do you visit there sometimes?

Last edited: