Maria Shashkova's beauty and costumes

Caroline_afifi

She is obviously a very versatile performer and her expression and gestures were very well placed.
It was was a very good piece....SHAME about the urge to show everyone how fast she can spin.
Why do some dancers think they will bore everyone unless they do some tricks??
what a pity!

Moon

I'm almost starting to think she has to do that to still be liked by the Russian general public or so :(

Caroline_afifi

I'm almost starting to think she has to do that to still be liked by the Russian general public or so :(

Perhaps so. Maybe our different cultures demand that we bring something from our own culture into the dance to make it more familiar and therefore acceptable.
We do it with food from other countries so perhaps the same is true of dance.

ustane

I adore her. She is a powerful, dynamic dancer. I like the vigorous turns and her eastern European touches that add to the dance. Love the hip movements and fast back drops onto the floor. I find her fascinating and would like to know more about her.

ustane

I adore her. She is a powerful, dynamic dancer. I like the vigorous turns and her eastern European touches that add to the dance. Love the hip movements and fast back drops onto the floor. I find her fascinating and would like to know more about her.

Oh and I forgot to add I love the large upper body circle movements pushing out the butt, and her hand gestures

moonriver

I love her too. There's a lot of criticism in here, but when I watch her I feel like she's telling a story for every piece that she does, I can't knock her hustle because she's CLEARLY put in effort if you look at some of her other videos as well. There's such passion in her work and regardless of whether or not she does one too many spins for some people, she does a fantastic job at adding her own flair to her movement, which I often find lacking with many other dancers. I think she does what works for her...and to me, that's fabulous.

Nadege

There's nothing Russian about her features, I wonder what is her blood ethnicity, maybe Gypsy? but I'm too lazy to google it.

Amulya

I think this is one of her better clips:

But some parts are too aggressive for Enta Omri in my opinion.

antares

Yes, i had seen already quite a few of Maria Shashkova's interpretations. Of course, she is a good dancer. But indeed she dances very busy. I agree with you all, especially with Moon. Sometime she makes very abrupt and sudden movements with her head or legs, etc. It look very energetic and all that. But i just don't like that way of dancing so much :).

I post here what i think is her worst interpretation ever. I must say i have seen her much better than this.

[/URL]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5PuGc5OxsMU&hl=nl&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5PuGc5OxsMU&hl=nl&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Hypnos

I don't think her beauty helps her dance, I think the fact that you can see that she is having such a good time dancing makes her more enjoyable to watch.
Any dancer where you can see passion and enjoyment all over their face and body is enjoyable to watch...no matter what they look like.

antares

I don't think her beauty helps her dance, I think the fact that you can see that she is having such a good time dancing makes her more enjoyable to watch.
Any dancer where you can see passion and enjoyment all over their face and body is enjoyable to watch...no matter what they look like.

I agree with you for 100 % :clap: